Irisch Moos Rant

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Wishoot, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I’m not prone to ranting, but here it goes…

Is anyone here getting a little tired of all the hoopla around Irisch Moos and the quest to acquire a stick of this mythical shaving nirvana? I mean, come on. This isn’t a quest for the Holy Grail. It’s shaving soap and I can’t imagine that it’s any better than most of the other quality shaving products out there.

Why in the he** do we need a stick of this stuff so badly when most of us already have great products in our dens (and more than we need I might add)? I tend to be a very rational, practical person, but this Irisch Moos thing is beyond reason.

Okay. I’m done. When can I place an order for a stick of Irisch Moos already?

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I dont see the big deal except.....if it is the same as Tabac. It gives a nice alternative for those poeple who despise the scent of Tabac but love the shave. I personally love Tabac and would love to acquire a product that is the same but different scents? I am just pissed that it only is made in stick form?

3. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

What does Irish Moose smell like anyways???:confused:

4. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I think it's all about the hunt and wistful desire Mike. The Irisch Moos is a wiley temptress who's been eluding us for months. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and all that. It's like the prom queen; you desperately wanted her knowing you never could. That didn't matter though, rather only increasing your longing.

Mike, Irisch Moos is the prom queen. And if all goes well she could soon be yours at long last.

:D

5. riffin

riffin Active Member

A little like Englisch Moos but more western...

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Man, you really captured an emotion in this reply. If you don't write professionally, you should consider a career change.

I was a marching band geek. Never even got close to the prom queen.

7. Austin

Austin Member

It's called anticipation. We don't want to wait. We want instant gratification. :D

8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

maybe you couldn't.....
    [​IMG]

9. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes, they do--I have a tube of the Irisch Moos cream, and it's very nice.

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Well, considering Tabac is a great soap, but an okay cream. I'd guess people are guessing the IM will be similar in those aspects. Great soap, ok cream.

12. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Why? Just mill it.

13. JimR

JimR Active Member

I will freely admit--I want it because it's hard to get. That's it. It also sounds like a quality product, which doesn't hurt. It's the hunt, the chase, solving the puzzle of how to get it. Sure there are plenty of good products--in fact, I will be utterly stunned if this is better than the products I already used. Nothing, I mean NOTHING, will replace MWF, J.M. Fraser's or

The thing is, it's new.

14. Austin

Austin Member

This frenzy reminds me of Tabula Rosa shave cream from a couple of years ago. It's expensive and people were clamoring over it. It was imported from Germany. When it finally arrived, the hype died and you rarely here it mentioned.

15. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I dont know why people are going ape poo over it. Sounds like it smells bad, no matter how well it performs.

16. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

what hoopla?

this is the first I've heard of it :o

17. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

You were in the arcade. :D

18. hoglahoo

!

Yep! Waiting for you to retake that billiards title!
    ::duel

(sorry, hijack!)

19. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

I would, but 8 Ball Champion seems to be broken. :(

20. hoglahoo

Try another major browser I guess... It works on IE for me but not firefox.