Is Lysol Disinfectant spray good to clean old used vintage Razors ?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Shoebooty, Jun 13, 2019.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Another way to sterilize these razors assuming there is nothing on them that will melt or distort is cook them in the oven at 375 F. First you need to make sure the razor itself has reached 375 F then let it cook for 12 to 15 minutes once it does. That will sterilize it for sure and cook the bacteria out of any crud on the razor if you don't clean it. The process is called dry heat sterilization. This is how you would sterilize things like powders for example. You can use lower temperatures, I am pretty sure anything above 275 F will suffice but then you need to cook the razor longer once it reaches the oven temperature. Dishwasher could work also as an autoclave if it gets up to 250 F during the wash cycle. If it does just run it through a normal wash cycle without any detergent.

2. richdad

richdad Active Member

Nice post. Let's not scare the folks. Just clean the razor and your all set. That's all I do

brit and Terry like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Would love to hear your thoughts, though I can guess, on the story of the last day or two about the doctor who reused unsanitized rectal probes dozens of times.

brit and Terry like this.
  4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Oh my
    oh my my..
    tp

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. richdad

richdad Active Member

There are hundreds of thousands of practitioners. Some are going to be irresponsible or nuts. People are going to be rushed This stuff goes on all the time in offices and hospitals. Wrong organs operated on or removed etc. I really can't add anything new

brit likes this.