Is there something wrong with this site?

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by grampi, Nov 29, 2008.

1. grampi

grampi Member

I've noticed after being logged on the site for a few minutes nothing will happen when I click on something. It'll just sit there and the only way to get a response is to go off line then log on again. I thought it was just my computer because it's flakey, but it's doing on a different computer as well. I think it's something with the site. I don't have this problem on any other sites.

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

No issues here. Did you do something to anger the wet shaving Gods -- like use a Fusion, or something?

3. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of that before :confused::confused::confused:

4. apswartz

apswartz New Member

No problems here.

5. MaxP

MaxP Member

I'm with Grampi in having delays, but I'm blaming Mediacom.

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Guys, I really don't know of any problems occurring at the moment. I'll do some lookin around anyways.

7. Chimensch

Chimensch Member

I've been having problems with the site ever since the recent "denial of service" attack. The main page and "new post" page come up normally but when I want to go to a specific thread or last post, it takes forever for the site to respond. I didn't say anything about because I figured you knew about the problem and were working on it.

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I have problems like grampi's at work on a laptop, but the site works fine on my home computer?? Been like this all week.

9. sparky5693

Administrator
    I'll do some digging around, and see what I can find out.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Everyone using something besides IE?

11. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Hmm, it's IE at work and Firefox at home. Interesting and no I haven't used a Fusion! :eek:

12. Queen of Blades

Well, I guess that explains the slowness at work.

Haven't used a Fusion, eh? Then why did all these homeless razors show up at my door?

13. sparky5693

Administrator
    TSD should work in any browser. Some are certainly faster than others, but not drastically so.

14. Queen of Blades

:p You can't have all the glory!

Use FireFox, people!

:scared007

15. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Grampi....Please try Firefox.....I had the exact same issue and Firefox fixed it immediately!

16. curiousity

curiousity New Member

I'm having issues also and I know it's the site, not my computer(s).

Most of the time it is fine, but will time out trying to connect to sub-forums or just the site in general.

I've tried it with IE and Firefox from home and work. It is possible that my home internet could have issues, but all other sites were working fine. I've also cleared both caches for IE and Firefox. It is sporadic. I started writing down times, but quickly stopped after doing that once... Guess I'm a quitter! :(

11/26 - I was unable to access TSD from 10:40 PM until 11:29 PM. I tried again at 12:20 AM and was able to connect. All times are Pacific Standard Time.

In fact, when I tried to post this message on 11/29 at 11:18 PM PST, it was timing out again.

17. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I'm glad you got them JoAnna. I'm sure you'll find homes for them soon. ;)

18. Island Brian

Island Brian Member

Same here.

19. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

*AHEM* Google Chrome.

'Nuff said.

20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

is Firefox free? (I know, a dumb question from a dumb guy....)