Isana Men Badger Hair Shaving Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Recklesstr, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Hey pals,
    Today I bought this badger hair brush from a Rossman store. The brush is made by Rossman under Isana brand. It is made in Germany and it has lots of writings in German on the label. It looks like pure badger but as I'm not an expert, I'm not sure. It is soft and it absorbs water very nicely. It comes with a brush stand, it is a big plus for me. The price is around 9 dollars. It's a bang for the buck for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doryferon likes this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

It looks pure badger. Similar in price range to the Tweezerman but you are right with the brush stand it is a better value price wise than Tweezerman.

Let us know how it breaks in for you.

3. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

I've just had my first shave with it and I must admit it doesn't lather as good as horse or boar brush. It makes a thin layer of lather but it is sufficient. In this shave, I used my Yuma for the first time and it is a great shaver with rapira blade. I had no nick no irritation or burning effect.

4. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

The handle shape is well know,after Muhle many brands copy it
    As about the knot give him another chance
    Don't be disappointed if it's not work in the end,i had the same problem with some NPV pure badgers.
    It's weird that the name is stamped upside-down.

Recklesstr likes this.
  5. Dusan

Dusan Active Member

Is it prickly? Trimmed ends?

Looks like badger brush from bestshave shop.

6. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

It may just be a matter of varying your technique with it, starting with a more or less wet brush, etc. It's German, maybe offer it a beer.;)

7. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Yep, it's prickly and I bought it from Rossmann.

This morning I got a nice shave with Isana and this is my 6th shave with it. In ever shave it makes more lather than before so patience is important in this brush. Now I'm happy with it :)