It has been a year!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ShowMeState1977, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I have been wetshaving a year this month! I uncorked (figuratively) my second bottle of Aqua Velva today to celebrate.

I have found MWF to be my favorite soap (compared to Tabac, Institut Karite and C&E Nomad). I've still only used CO Bigelow shaving cream, so I have nothing else to compare it to. I also use Lucky Tiger Lemon Facial Cleanisng Cream for my pre-shave treatment.

I use a C&E BBB and an Omega Pure Badger brush. I use the Omega mostly for soaps and the BBB for the cream, but today I used the BBB with some MWF and it turned out great!

I use a 50's model Superspeed with Personna Blades. I think I need a sample pack, though.

I only shave about 2-3 times a week when I'm working and hardly ever when I'm on vacation. I know it may be sacreligious here to not shave more than that but, I honestly don't like to shave that much...:eek: When I have to shave for work, I much prefer the wetshave compared to the canned goo and the razor with 37 blades. I may not post here much, but I wanted to say thanks for the info that has lead me to making a chore I loathed into one much more tolerable!

God bless!

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Sounds good to me. Glad you are enjoying the shaves as much as you do,.

Fuzzy

3. Gnetics

Gnetics New Member

COngrats, dang I passed thru Missouri on the way to Chicago/NY and saw a boatload of antique stores...I wonder what kinds of treasures I could have found!!:(

4. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS :happy096

Always nice to see that there are fellow Den members who enjoy shaving as much as I do :D

5. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Congratulations!

6. JimR

JimR Active Member

Good to see you around again! You should check in more often. ;)

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Congratulations on your first year, I'm only about a month ahead of you. The C&E BBB does work well with MWF, but so do most boars (I have a travel sized Omega that is very strange as kill MWF for some unknown reason). If you've gone a year w/o a sample pack you're way over due. The 50's Superspeed is my favorite razor, but the IP blade is just a good match not great IMO.

8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Happy Birthday? Anniversary?

Ummm, Happy Wetshaving! :bounce

For the record, this is 2 years for me, sometime early October 2007 :D