It is official!

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Sejanus, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I placed my orders today for my straight razor and strops.

I bought a DOVO 6/8 Bismarck (Black Handle) from Classic Shaving.com and it's being sent to Lynn Abram's for honing. I had one silly problem with paying for it (Their system wouldn't take my CC for some reason) So I had to throw it on PayPal.

I then emailed Tony Miller for a Red Latigo 3 Inch Strop with Handles, and I went for the Genuine Linen and I also got a practice strop to play around with.

Now to wait for the goodies to arrive! :D

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Now you will learn my Padawan. Feel the force..and let if flow through you.

3. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

good luck.
    Is this your first foray into straight?

I have been playing with my new straight for about a week. I personally think that straight razors are a red herring in order for the other members to get better deals on Ebay DEs. My face has never burned like it does this week.

I'm half kidding. My shaves have been getting better, but my face really does burn like a mofo.

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Yeah it is my first straight (officially) but there is a lot of history to go into. :rofl

5. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Ken,

Congratulations on the order!! I think you'll be well pleased with the Dovo and it was a very smart move sending it to Lynn.

I know you will be please with the strop. Please let me know what you think of the genuine linen. I have a TM strop with the canvas. The red latigo is fantastic material. If the razor is sharp, you should certainly feel draw with the red latigo.

Use the practice strop for a while. The first nick in the latigo strop and you'll feel like crying :(

Keep us posted on your experience.

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I will be sure to keep you guys updated :D

Yeah I knew right off that I might as well have it sent directly to Lynn straight from Classic Shaving. No way I was going to mess with it.

7. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Congrats Ken! Enjoy!

8. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

Good for you, Ken!
    Nice stuff all the way.

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

LOL, what he said :D

Great job Ken! You scored some very nice gear :drool .....can't wait to see it :D

sorry Isaac, tried to quote you and goofed.....too tired :o

10. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Way to go, Ken! Nice way to dive in there, too, with a good Dovo and proper honing, so you will be good to go from the start!

11. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Lots of research went into picking the Strop/Razor, Neale Isaac and Raf really helped out with that.

Plus the razor just looks DAMN cool with the gold and textured spine. :drool

12. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Excellent resources! You'll have a really nice set up. Now comes the fun part... ;)

13. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Woohoo, one more warrior in the quest for the ultimate shave :: :: ::

14. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

def. do NOT use your latigo use the practise strop. I got about 3-4 nicks in my paddle strop. feel like crying? uh understatement... :p

15. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Congratulations on a nice haul! I wish I had a honemaster close :(

16. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I figured the extra 6 bucks would be great piece of mind when I learn... as to not damage the amazing Latigo Strop.. :rofl

He isn't really all that close to me sadly.. he is in Ohio while I am in Ontario.. but the razor is going straight there before coming to me so it shouldn't be too bad.

17. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Good job. Welcome to the dark side. Looking forward to reading your experiences.

Jordan

18. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I sent my razor there too and I'm in South Korea. Close is relative when you have airmail!

19. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Well Tony Miller was kind enough to forward me an invoice and it has been paid! The strop should be sent out on Friday if all goes well.

Boy do I HATE waiting.. :rofl

20. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

And since you're in Canada, you will have it well in time for Christmas! Merry Christmas!

And since you're in Canada... oh, I already said that... Merry Christmas!!! :rofl