It is official!

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Sejanus, Feb 4, 2008.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

the question posted was moved to a different thread

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Once again, this thread relates to a different subject. If you want to ask this question first do a search on the subject and if you can not find the answer begin a new thread.

Raf

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Getting back on topic, I did my 3rd shave today with the straight.

I did around 50 passes on the leather which marks the most I have ever stropped. I did the stropping BEFORE my prep shower to try to save some time post shower. Seemed to work well, and 5 minutes before to 20 minutes before shaving didn't make a whole lot of difference. The extra stropping however made things easier but I am also getting more confident too.

I did one pass WTG and it went very well and pretty smoothly. I then decided to get a XTG pass a shot and it reminded me a lot of my first straight shave ever. Some parts were very easy for me to get but the positioning was off on some others. More practice is needed, and I nicked myself very minorly while doing the XTG. Results were fair but I got through it with mild irritation.

It's all in the learning curve, but I am feeling better and better each time I do it!