It is time!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Will, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

I am done wishing, thinking, wondering, waiting.

I want a shave ready cut throat and a strop. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have some to give up, or am I going for Tony Miller other online shops?.......................................or, dose anyone know a B&M store in the DC area?

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Doc....theres a few things that i have found. Tony has an excellent kit. Razor and strop for 119.00. Its a great price. I know Lee is selling Lynn Abrams honed Straights for beginner price of 59.95 for a 5/8 exclusive for SRP peeps atm. Strop will run you about 40 or so with Tony. Lynn is a great person to hone for you. I think either would be a good choice. If there are any questions, since ive been shopping a bit lately let me know. I know others will chime in.

3. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

The razor Tony includes in his kits come prehoned (shave ready). I started with one of Tony's razors and paddle strops (quickly went to a hanging strop) and you shouldn't ever be disappointed with any of Tony's stuff.

I'd also recommend getting Lynn's DVD. It's a wealth of information and should be in any straight razor user's library. I think Classic Shaving is offering it and Tony might be as well (I'm not sure though).

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Glad to see you want to make the jump. Well, at least it is a start next thing is giving up the V.:D

You can always get a good deal at SRP for your starter blade. You should not have to pay more than $45 for a good shave ready blade. There is a guy at SRP that sells strops at a reasonable price. The reason I suggest that is because I hate for you to learn to strop on a nice expensive strop and cut it all up. Because it will happen until you get the hang of the stroping motion. I think you can practice and get your technique down on a 30 dollar strop. also what type of stubble do you have? Knowing this will help get the right blade to start. I suggest round tip about 5/8 or 6/8. Ask question and be sure to read Dr. Moss's tutorial if you have not done so yet. Let me know If I can be of any help.

Raf

5. Will

Will Nevermind

I think when I start, using the V may be more frequent. :p

I have a VERY thick beard.