Italian made DE Razors?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rusty blade, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I am looking for an Italian made DE razor. I see Fatip and Il Ceppo (and Razorock?) are three brands. Are there others? If you have used an Italian made razor what is your general product review?

I generally prefer 3 piece, closed comb...

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    There was that one five bladed monstrosity. It was made in Italy. I've only seen two. One was on eBay recently, and the other was on B&B.

That's the only other one I know of.

3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Just curious why an Italian razor? While I've never used a Fatip it is my understanding they are on the aggressive side, also the QC is less than stellar from what I've heard. I don't think they are made in Italy, although I definitely could be wrong, I think, like the Parker, they are made in India.
    The Razorock and Cadet are also made in India I believe. I've used the Cadet OC and Parker solid bar and both shave nicely. The Cadet OC shaves along the lines of a Gillette 1935 "NEW" LCOC.
    IMO it's hard to beat a Gillette tech solid bar shave head, although the EJ89 and Weber are really close. Have you considered changing handles on your current 3 piece? That alone can really change the shave of a razor.
    I've never heard of the Il Ceppo. Is it a safety razor brand or a shave site?
    Weber makes a great SS 3 piece if you can find one. I've heard good things about iKon also, but I've never used one.:)

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Here's an incomplete list of Italian razor manufacturers. I think it's safe to say that most are no longer in business.

Alfa
    Alfonso D'Anna
    Alita
    Alma Cesia
    Astro
    Autarchico
    Bartali
    Benz
    Berta
    Bolzano
    Cava
    Cem
    Canziani
    casanova
    cusio
    De Carlo
    Diamon
    ermes
    erst
    falco
    falkon
    famir
    fatip
    folgore
    funken
    gallett
    jodarsenico
    impero
    italiano
    italicus

5. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Perhaps I was working from a false assumption -- Italy is home to some absolutely outstanding software (AS, shaving creams and soaps)...I thought they might also be a source of some good hardware (razors) as well.
    And yes I agree...it is hard to beat the engineering of a vintage Gillette.

6. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing! I think there are DE's sold by Italians, but I don't think there are any actually made by Italians. Unless they happen to live in India or China ;)

178-bplatoon likes this.
  7. David Kimberly

David Kimberly New Member

Hate to drag up a 4. year old post but per the Fatip website>
    "The Fatip safety razors are TOTALLY made in Italy."

brit, Keithmax, Eeyore and 1 other person like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Fata. No idea of vintage.[​IMG]

PanChango, Enrico, CrustyCat and 2 others like this.
  9. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Gallett.....LOL

brit likes this.
  10. David Kimberly

David Kimberly New Member

Also, The Goodfellas Smile (rasoiogoodfellas.com) have a few models made in Italy (as well as their "Pop" razor for 7.99 euros that's made in China)

11. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Two year old post but I believe it's Faza not Fata.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.