Italian Sausage & Peppers

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by qhsdoitall, Mar 20, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

This is the recipe my wife uses. I sometimes add some red pepper flakes to kick it up.

Ingredients:
    4 Hot Italian pork sausages
    4 Sweet Italian pork sausages
    1/2 cup dry white wine
    1/2 cup olive oil
    3 tablespoons minced garlic
    1 each of red, green and yellow bell peppers cut in 1 1/2" strips. Substitute 1/2 cup each red/green if no yellow.
    1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
    1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves
    Sea Salt to taste

Prick sausages all over and place in a heavy lidded saute or fry pan. Brown over high heat. Reduce heat and add wine slowly. Splatters. Cover pan and poach sausages 10-12 minutes until done.

In another saute or fry pan, heat oil over moderate heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Don't burn. Add peppers, onions and fresh oregano leaves and saute 5-7 minutes until softed. Sea Salt to taste.

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

One word: :drool

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Thanks, Rich...that sounds awesome!! First time I ever had that was on a hard roll from one of the street vendors outside Fenway. Those guys aren't known for their culinary talents, but wow, those were good!

I also like Italian sausages with tomato sauce over pasta as well.

Brown the links, then cut into bite size pieces and put 'em back in the pan til mostly cooked through.

Add a little (a lot?) of chopped garlic and cook til fragrant (30-60 seconds). Then, add a can of crushed Italian plum tomatoes and sprinkle with onion powder, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and let it stew for awhile.

Serve over pasta of choice. Leftovers are great on a hard roll too!

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Know that type of recipe well being from MA. I spent many a game 5 rows back of the Red Sox dugout at Fenway in my youth. Definitely miss that.

5. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

Seeing as how I'm @ work right now, I really should not have seen this recipe-what am I supposed to do now? :mad:

BTW, :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

Marty

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

at work too.......

Marty ....
    I feel your pain :mad: