Items lost in shipping

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Padron, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Just wanted to post a warning, the mail service seems to be loosing and ripping envelopes in shipping these days.

I've had several envelopes arrive ripped open or torn in the shipping process, and the Post Office is of no help in recovering the lost items..The even delivered a completely empty envelope to me several weeks ago.

If shipping items you may wish to re-enforce the envelopes with additional packing tape around the edges.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really disgusted with the amount of loss / damage I have personally seen in the last few months...:(

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sorry you've been having so much trouble lately, Neale. :(

I haven't had any problems with packages.

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks JoAnna,

Not too much trouble, I buy alot of stuff and have specifically had trouble with, I think three packages in the past couple months.

Just wanted to post up a FYI, I think I'll be asking for insurance in the future and the items to be packed in a box securely..

4. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I did that for the Reidel Vinum port glasses. I asked them to pack extra careful and secure. Sorry to hear you've been haviong so much trouble.

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

YEP !
    My package from Doc was a bust ....LITERALLY :mad:
    He had wrapped some Edt and ASB in a bubble wrap envelope and then
    placed that in another envelope with other goodies.
    The entire bottom corner was shattered....and the glass was pretty thick.
    Looked like someone just thru it to the ground.

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

That sucks. Members aren't doing too well right now in the shipping department. I have a brush coming from someone on Ebay and it's starting to look like they may have skipped town. I'm crossing my fingers.

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Listen to this, I had a big package shipped to me from the UK in October, which was chock full of creams, soaps, and blades, and the damn thing seem to vanish into thin air. I never received it, and I never even got a letter from customs. I felt terrible, and I wanted to indemnify the sender, and he wouldn't take a cent, may God bless him.

Jeff

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:mad: Actually, I have. Two packages that I've received in the last month (they were padded envelopes), had holes in them so big that all of the stuff could have VERY easily fallen out. Luckily, everything "seemed" to be in there. :confused:

Not to mention, a package from netherlands shipped on Feb 8th still hasn't shown up yet.

9. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

I have had several envelopes that have been ripped. packages have been ok if sent ups. but thru usps, every one ripped and damaged in some way. so far nothing has turned up missing. But just like Joe, mine very easily could have had things fall out due to the size of the holes that were on the boxes.

10. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Neil, did you get your birthday present from me or was this one of the ones that were lost..... :o

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi Sue,

I did receive my Birthday mystery soap ( it's an orange rum type scent, and I love it. Thanks )

I am sorry to hear so many others are having this trouble too. Maybe the post office has changed their equipment or something and it just rips the envelopes up :confused:

Both times I had problems with padded envelopes they were ripped and their contents either fell out or were destroyed.

I did have one priority box that had a bottle of edt in it that was cushed and the bottle broke, the post office delivered it in a plastic bag...Saying they were sorry...bottle was shattered which was a shame because the cologne soaked cardboard smelled pretty good:o

I also had a pretty expensive straight razor go MIA....That sucked, I really liked it but it never arrived.

I just am pretty dissapointed with their handling of the packages and the loss it has cost us all...

Sorry for my rant.