It's been a while

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Pilotcld, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've had the time to sit and get a nice SR shave in! I've been busy dabbling in DE razors for a quick shave and even letting m beard grow out a little bit.

I decided to shave with the only SR I have, my Dubl Duck Pearl Duck heirloom razor tonight and boy can I tell you, I miss that Velcro sound of the hollow razor

I also have good news! I had my beard grown it to just about an inch long, made two WTG passes with my SR and had zero weepers and zero razor burn!!
    Having said that, I decided to grab my DE to do some clean up and ATG under my chin, got lazy, and the Japanese Feather razor reminded me to be patient. Just one little weeper, but I was brought down from my high horse haha.

I couldn't have done this without you all in the shave den with your wealth of knowledge, expertise, and friendship.

Might I also add my favorite part of the whole tale? I visited my family over Christmas and what did I find in my fathers bathroom?? A VDH twist to open DE razor I got him back into wetshaving (he used to have a DE razor back in the 70's)!! Woohoo! Anyways, thanks again for everyone here. I'm so glad I chose this forum from the many that I found!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrchick, RezDog, Drygulch and 10 others like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Congratulations on the successful SR shave, after being off for a while. :bounce017:

Billyfergie, Karl G and Spyder like this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Great update. Now grab that straight and a cookie and stick around here for awhile :D

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm glad you're back with SRs. Now stick around a little longer this time!

Spyder, Pilotcld, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  5. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Good to see you. Have fun!