It's Old Spice Sunday!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Tim Spencer, May 22, 2016.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey,

After buying multiple soaps lately, I have decided to still always set aside Sunday for Old Spice. It's a day that I have all to myself and I can smell the smell that 'feels like home' to me. Time to pull out the Old Spice shaving setup and use the old vintage Gillette nickel superspeed/Ever Ready 150 brush, Old Spice cup of soap, aftershave and cologne. Best smell of all time.

I just received a new replated Gillette superspeed. I will post the completed shave kit when I get my shave stand to show it off.

BigD, RyX, Edison Carter and 6 others like this.
  2. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Yep, classic - grandfather and poppa used it. Now me every Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I was unaware of Old Spice Sunday.But I unwittingly participated in it.(kind of)I went to work Sunday night and carried a shave kit with me since I had shaved early Sunday morning before church and I did a 2 am shave and followed up with a mix of Woody's a/s and an Old Spice clone.Lucky I did since I ended up working over an extra 5 hours helping out with while we had visitors from an accredidation team.So I looked good and smelled good when the team came around and quizzed me.

4. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I have done a few of these shaves.
    I wish I could find some old spice soap in the original box,for a decent price.
    I usually use my super adjustable for Sunday, so I will break out my old spice for that shave.

I do have Stirling Spice, I know it's not the "original" but it's close enough for the price.

RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

definitely cool. i like old spice sunday ,i have the whole kit, p and g , not shulton so far, shower soap, pit stick, a/s , colonge and soap commander endurance. wife loves it too.. but i have other sets i use on sundays as well , like brut, tabac, and versace eau fraiche...

Tim Spencer and Edison Carter like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Every day should be Shulton Old Spice Day. Lately I've been using vintage Shulton Old Spice Soap On A Rope. Close to 50 years old, and smells great.

7. TommyCarioca

Happy Veteran's day

Soap Commander Endurance soap, ASB
    Old Spice AFS
    Wolf Whiskers synth
    Mamba c Personna Red ⚂

[​IMG]

8. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I suppose that I would be remiss if I told you to make sure to not drop the soap, but you already have that covered, good man.

DaltonGang and TommyCarioca like this.
  9. TommyCarioca

DaltonGang likes this.
  10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The only person i ever shower with is my wife, so no, i dont drop it. Miss grabby hands. Cant trust her. :happy093:

ordinaryshaver likes this.