Ivory Bath Soap Scent

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by stingraysrock, Mar 1, 2022.

1. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Happy Tuesday From Florida!

Hello Neighbors! It has been at least 10 years since I have used Ivory soap. I have been using Zest and Palmolive from The Dollar Tree for my bath soap needs for many years, at least the last 10 years.

Anyway, because of inflation, The Dollar Tree has raised their prices. I was at Wally World last week and saw a brick of Ivory soap for just under 5 dollars and figured that is a better price per bar over The Dollar Tree offering.

The last time I remember using Ivory bath soap, it had a neutral scent. The bar I used today smells totally like citronella skeeter-be-gone candles.

The bonus is that I don't mind the citronella scent, and the first ingredient is sodium tallowate.

Long story short, am I remembering the Ivory scent wrong? Or has it always smelled of citronella?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Interesting. Scents are so subjective I have come to realize. It smells like “soap” to my nose, so does Arko, which is oft described as citronella.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Yes! This batch of Ivory does smell like my Arko sticks!

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Ivory soap has American wild ginger root, which makes the scent. Yeah, I looked it up and another fact, Ivory soap is injected with air to create air bubbles to make it float.