Jade East opinions anyone?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by cpool222, Jul 3, 2018.

1. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

I've been hoping to run across some vintage Jade East when I go garage/estate sale Saturdays because of my 1960s memories of my older cousins bottle that he would splash on before dates. So, I'm just hoping for opinions from you guys about what you think about this one... are my memories through rose-colored glass or anyone else have a positive opinion of it? Also, I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion about the difference between the old Jade East by Swank Co. versus the new formulation for sale now by a different company.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and Keithmax like this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I also have fond memories of Jade East from when my father used to wear it back in the 90's. Have smelled the current version from the store and if given a choice would recommend the vintage, this way you know it is the original scent weather its the way you remember it or not you would have to wait and see. Sometimes our memory of scent changes with time.

cpool222 likes this.
  3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Not sure about the vintage, but I won a bottle of the new stuff in a PIF. I used the whole bottle, so I'd say I enjoyed it pretty well...

cpool222 and Primotenore like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    In one week, correct Garrett? :happy097:

gwsmallwood likes this.