Jade East

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Shep, May 30, 2011.

1. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Just read the article about the ShoeShopShaveBox store. Good read. I purused the website and ran across this in the aftershave section. Never heard of it, but the ingredients list sounds very intriguing. Anyone with any experience or knowledge of this please post. I have SCS Med Citrus and am wondering if they are similar. The Med Citrus is very lemony if that helps. Looking for some feedback. Thx.
    JadeEast.gif

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I have never smelled the Jade East, but if Gorgo is even just a tiny bit close in his review of Avon Scents, I would be inclined to buy it because I really like Avon Tai Winds.

To me, Avon Tai Winds smells somewhat like Brut or Master's Focus. Not a match, but close... in that same area of scents.

3. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Shep,
    Was one of my favorites way back when. It's not very citrusy, more of a heavier oriental scent. Hai Karate which came later has more of a citrusy scent (lime). I thought Jade East was gone forever and then I ran into it on a couple of on line stores last year. Kept meaning to get some and never did. I think I will now.

Alan

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

I just ran across some Brut tonight at the Wally World. Been years since I've had any so picked up a bottle. SWMBO liked the smell so I think I may have to grab another bottle or two.

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I've found Basenotes indispensable lately , found that the frag heads have much knowledge and you don't have to be a member to search items. They have a little info on Jade East, mostly the cologne though. Alan says its a oriental scent and thats what I consistently read about it. Gio, the previous owner also stocked it and he seemed to favor old school frags and A/S, I am finding his old catalog page a great cologne reference.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I remember the Jade East scent vaguely. It was very nice, but hard for me to describe.

7. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I'm not too sure what is meant by "oriental scent". Are we talking fried rice or what? :p

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  9. Sparafucile

Sparafucile Member

I remember it with horror from high school - early 1960s! To me it was the epitome of the cheap, sickeningly-sweet "fragrances" that testosterone-driven teen boys poured all over themselves in the faint hope of scoring... (Hai-Karate and Canoe were two others...)

But don't let me discourage you - YMMV!

10. GreyBeard

GreyBeard Member

High School it was English Leather or Jade East. late 60s

11. bc9

bc9 Member

kinda like the way my 18 yr old son bathes himself in Axe today...

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

13. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I remember the machines that could be found in the bathrooms of certain nightclubs... for 25cents you could get a squirt of Jade East, Brut, Hai Karate, Old Spice or perhaps Jovan Musk Oil.... And if you thought you had a good chance of scoring, then you could put a few more coins into the machine beside that one, and it would dispense various forms of exotic "protection"...

14. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I love different splashes. I haven't used many yet however... should probably order a TSD one next order.

The Jade East sounds good however all of the highschool kids from the 60s who used it... I think if you wore it today you might get some funky looks from others who went to highschool during that time. aha

Could be a trip down memory lane as well.

15. paydepst

paydepst Member

Jade East and Hai Karate--GREAT STUFF!!

I have them both in the cabinet. The Hai Karate is only for state occasions though.