January 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2018.

?

What is your New Year shaving related resolution?

1. I'm going to do the hardest of all - a No-Buy '19

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. I'm going to try shaving with straight razors (pain sticks included)

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I'm going to reduce the number of soaps in my den

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm going to buy everything in sight and build an addition to hold it all!!

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. I'm going to shave. Simple, right?

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  6. I'm going to eat more cookies. Or donuts. Or ice cream.

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Baseball.jpg

Drygulch, Douglas Carey, brit and 7 others like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

My 2nd oldest daughter would talk your ears off. She loved Chemistry it high school.

Shaping young minds feels good doesn't it. I get that feeling when a young welder asks me for advice then comes back later and tells me how well he's doing because of something I taught him .

3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Now that I'm done with the badger for a while, I'm ready to give my Omegas some love too.

4. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

As long as same soap base, it's the same soap. Making good lather is an acquired skill and preference. AS doesn't matter when learning.

Your angle of attack is off. When you hit the optimal angle, any blade works. Stick with one brand until you get the feel.

NTR, Drygulch, Linuxguile and 12 others like this.
  6. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Good luck with everything, sounds like she's getting better.
    Best wishes and prayers her way.
    tp

7. Trigger

We are like-minded. I used my Semogue badger for the entire month and now I will be using my Omega Pro 49 this month.

8. Trigger

Patrick, that is the cherry on top!

9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice Andrew, very nice!
    tp

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I've shared before, I was on the football staff for two years at a middle school. Lacking a teacher cert, I was study hall educational assistant and informally tutored lots of algebra and geometry. Much respect for career teachers.

11. wristwatchb

Well, Randy, it's sad but true. You and I grew up in different worlds.
    You:
    1.jpg
    Me:
    2.jpg

12. brit

brit in a box

well hello fello shavers ,i had a blast this january and definitely improved my shaves with the flat bottom techs..believe it or not, the best was the beat up service one withe the hollow handle..just drove like it knew its way home..had a different feel to its efficiency..i need to find a mint one or have this one replated..or not..but i am fussy i guess.the others were great as well ,no issues..back to all models gillette now ..loving the badgers a lot more now and dialed in the barrel brush..24mm finest and very dense,fun to drive..NB-19:happy102: ,yeah right ,who am i kidding..enough of the just one more and into the tunnel we go..still want a #15 oc brit crat,and some other stuff..but i will be a little more refined.. 20190131_191255.jpg
    i am going to finish with tonights shave ,the brit new hybrid tech,the unicorn, the rr 24 barrel badger,and a favorite ,grecian horse soap and splash..this stuff has awesome performance and a great scent..fabulous 2 pass combination shave, no drama..pure pleasure..dfs+more cool shaves on the way..thank you all for the great january,didn t talk as much as i know jack about straights and chevettes,fun to watch and learn, happy shaves,gary

20190131_192841.jpg

13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice Charlie, 30 years should get you by for a while.
    Trac II ? have to look that one up.
    Thanks
    tp

14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Wow! What a great month. Glad you are settled into your new den.

15. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

You can use an elastic hair band around the base of the bristles for a little more backbone on a floppy brush.

NTR, Drygulch, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

All sound great Gary!
    The one that is worn, probably a reason it's worn lots. Cause it shaves so darn well.
    tp

Drygulch, clint64, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  17. wristwatchb

Trac II's are surprisingly good razors, Terry. My shaves with them are about the same quality as a DE. They have two blades and a fixed head. You can find new or vintage handles quite easily on eBay. It makes a nice razor if you're flying with carry-on luggage. I get about four shaves per cartridge, although I could push them further. You can find Personna carts on-line in bulk at good prices.

You can pick up this handle for around $5 or $6. It looks the same as the one my Dad used in the 1970's after he switched from DE razors.
    1.jpg

I also have a Parker all-metal Trac II handle. The weight on this one is really nice, and the black rubber rings at the bottom help improve the grip. I took it in my carry-on bag once, and TSA scanned my bag three times before they figured out it was a razor handle. That's when I picked up the plastic-handled one for travel.
    2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Great shave Joseph.
    tp

Drygulch, clint64, Linuxguile and 4 others like this.
  19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice picture Paul.
    Cool brush.
    tp

Drygulch, clint64, Linuxguile and 5 others like this.
  20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Words of wisdom.

That's another great tip. Takes the frustrations out of us in a floppy brush.

Drygulch, clint64, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.