Jayaruh Owners Club

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jayaruh, Oct 25, 2016.

1. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday BearCWY. I hope you have a great day!

BearCWY and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD June 28th
    [​IMG]

Gold Dollar 66
    Jayaruh Woody w/ Gem Stainless(2)
    The Blades Grim "Cinder"
    JR #134 (24mm, Frigate Class)

NCoxSTL, RyX, Jayaruh and 4 others like this.
  3. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Well my new brush arrived today and what a beauty! Unfortunately it arrived too late to try it out today before I had to go to work.:( So tomorrow it's the big day along with a new soap he sent with it for me to try, Stirling Lime. Tomorrow will be a day of firsts, my first Jayaruh brush, first time using a Stirling soap and the first try of my Supply One Edge V2. Can't wait to try everything out tomorrow!

NCoxSTL, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. john zeiger

BearCWY I hope you have a great shave with all of your new stuff!

Paul Turner, Linuxguile and Jayaruh like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I hope they all work together flawlessly. Enjoy.

Linuxguile and AGHisBBS like this.
  6. BearCWY

Well, from my lack of posting my shaving results, I have not shaved yet with my new brush and products today. There is a very good reason why, I didn't shave today. I had such great shaves the past two days that today I didn't need to shave at all. I didn't want to waste the shave. So sorry for the delay but they will get used for tomorrows shave. I am very anxious to use them and though about going ahead and using them, but I decided to just wait so I can have a really good shave.

RyX likes this.
  7. BearCWY

I shaved with all my new shave gear today and what a great shave it was. I loved the soap and the brush, the razor was awesome too!:bounce015:
    All the new gear preformed great! The brush was stiffer than I expected it to be, it felt great! The soap was amazing, I loved the lime smell and it was so slick! The razor preformed better than expected, I have the V1 and the V2 did I think a little better! I defiantly could tell the difference between both versions.

SOTD June 30th 2018

Pre: The Cube and warm water
    Razor: Supply One Edge V2
    Blade: Chick (1)
    Brush: The Puzzler (JROC)
    Soap: Stirling Lime

I started out with a warm face rinse and applied the cube preshave soap. I lathered the soap good before starting to face lather, I loved the smell! I then painted my face well, scrubbing the soap into my whiskers in prep for my shave. First pass was WTG which mowed down the stubble considerably! Next pass was XTG which left me with a DFS and I almost quit there. I decided to go ATG and got a near BBS, I could have gone for the BBS but I was happy with my shave so I did not go for a clean up pass. I finished off with wiping my face down with cold water and applying the alum which gave very little if any feedback. It was a wonderful Saturday shave and I guess I'm hooked on Stirling soaps now, thanks a lot Jayaruh ;) , honestly I loved the soap. All in all it was a wonderful shave and I'm glad I waited till today to try everything out. Till next time.......

RyX, Paul76 and richgem like this.
  8. john zeiger

BearCWY really glad you enjoyed your shave. Great report!

9. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, drum roll please!: A3A81D42-A1EB-4EA4-AB33-FC47F0CA3E2F.jpeg E9F699D3-6A5E-45E5-A02E-FF96F3DBE0C4.jpeg

I was already a member of the Jayaruh’s owners club with JR280 but I asked for a special order and did Jim sure hit a home run! Thank you Jim! It’s beautiful!

jimjo1031, wristwatchb, RyX and 7 others like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Jayaruh #311 is going to live with @Briscoe .
    IMG_8089.jpg

11. john zeiger

Congratulations @Briscoe on your new brush. It looks fantastic!

wristwatchb likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Rhody, RyX, AGHisBBS and 6 others like this.
  13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Jim, this is an incredibly crafted brush! It is just beautiful. It will be going to a dear friend who is just starting to shave with a DE. This will be his first shaving brush, and he's in for a treat. He will pair it with a Weber DE, so he has the beginnings of a very nice shave den.

You did a wonderful job on it, Jim. I enjoyed following along as the brush was being made. Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work. :happy096:

RyX and john zeiger like this.
  14. john zeiger

Congratulations @wristwatchb! Your friend is going to start lathering with a cadillac. Best of luck to him.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Wasn't it Budworth Holly who sang "My love-a bigger than a Cadillac?

AGHisBBS and john zeiger like this.
  16. john zeiger

Paul, your memory is better than mine - I don't remember that particular Buddy Holly tune but the line sure sounds like it could be.

17. Paul Turner

From the song "Not Fade Away".

AGHisBBS and john zeiger like this.
  18. john zeiger

Great memory, Paul!

RyX likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Well,. thanks, but it wasn't my memory really-I play the song a lot on my computer.

RyX and AGHisBBS like this.
  20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

August 6

G3 Gillette Fatboy
    Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (3)
    JR #160 Louisville Slugger handle with Omega 10098 boar knot
    Le Père Lucien - unscented
    Thayers Lavender witch hazel and unrefined shea butter

[​IMG]

NCoxSTL, Jayaruh, RyX and 4 others like this.