Jeeves of Hudson Street shave soap-New soap review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by thevez2, Mar 31, 2016.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Hmmm... he looks thinner on TV. ;) :rofl:

MarshalArtist likes this.
  2. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

That's more likely due to the food they serve in the army.

richgem likes this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Okay, I'm bored, so I'm bringing another thread back from the dead. This one in particular because 1) the company is veteran owned and 2) I'm gonna have some disposable income after Sunday, so I'm thinking "more soap" and 3) our newer members might be interested.

theFAT98, Screwtape and Spyder like this.
  4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

He makes an alcohol based splash now too. Not on his website yet, but I hope he will have it there soon. @Jeeves of Hudson Street Bryon, any information on when the stuff will be available for order and what scents you have?

Spyder likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

i purchased jeeves of hudson st conservatory soap a short while ago.awesome stuff.it used to be called mountain rain i think from an older listing.

6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Jeeves is way under appreciated. They deserve more press.

7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy088:
    This is my small effort in that direction

Spyder likes this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Thanks for that:)

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I was looking at the Jeeves soap choice two raffles ago...but someone got it before me.

Spyder likes this.
  10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have two of his soaps, Private Study and Turkish Bath. Now called Bay Rum and Barbershop. I used them in the last couple days as I work through my soap inventory on the 30 Day thread.

Great scents. His take on Bay Rum has a sniff of orange in it and absolutely none of the cloves scent so common in many bay rums. Meanwhile Turkish Bath or Barbershop smells the way I imagine an exotic Middle Eastern spice bazaar would. Just wonderful.

The shave performance and postshave skin feel is what you would expect from top notch tallow soaps.

Overall I am very pleased that I bought both in the 7 oz. Tubs rather than the smaller pucks.

theFAT98, Drygulch, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Jeeves aftershave splashes are available the Just For Him Store based in Springfield, Missouri. I just ordered two - Tobacco Bay Leaf and Black Tea. I ordered and got an email about an hour later that the package had already been shipped.

They have Jeeves soaps and other shaving goodies as well. Looking forward to trying them out @Jeeves of Hudson Street!

http://www.jfhgiftshop.com/

Paul Turner, BigMark83 and Bobcat like this.
  12. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

Is Jeeves still in business?

13. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I don't think so. No update on their Twitter feed since 2018.

brit likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I brought my Bay Rum out for use probably in the next couple days. It's in the on-deck circle anyway.

brit likes this.
  15. DiggaDog

DiggaDog Active Member

I think they're gone. I emailed them about a week ago through their contact page and no reply.
    Tried to buy some soap but can't alter the 'Country' setting. It's locked on USA.
    Never mind...I've discovered 'The Gentlemen's Quarter' soap.
    Very nice soap, and I'm buying more!
    https://thegentlemensquarter.com/shaving-soap/

brit likes this.