Jody-"For He's A Jolly Good Fellow"

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bird Lives, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Many of us around here have received gifts from our own 'Gillette-i Master', and all of us have benefited from his wit, knowledge, and generosity in one way or another...

A year ago, Christmas my house was filled with the dark cloud of sickness...We were taking care of my wife's Mom and Dad and my mother was ill as well...All three passed away in the following few months...Our house was filled with love, but there was the underlying feeling of what was soon to come..So in our being so busy taking care of the sick and any day could be an ambulance ride to the hospital...We didn't put up the tree or have a Christmas type celebration...

Well I got Christmas Wishes from Jody; who was unaware of the health issues going on at my place. And a couple days after New Years I received a beautiful Boxed 1938 Senator, pictures below.

This was so cool...and all of a sudden, everyone at my house realized it was the Holidays...a big party broke out and everyone was filled with the Holiday spirit....So not only a Gillette-i Master, but at that time Jody-Claus...ha,ha
    Now I can't shave with this razor without experiencing some of those warm feelings...:)
    Not to mention, this is the best shaving razor I've ever had the pleasure...;)

Haven't seen you around much lately Jody...But I know this is always your home....So whatever you're up to...Wishing you the best...and you're always in our thoughts & prayers....

Attached Files:

2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Sweet, great going there Jody,
    Jody has helped me acquire a lot of shave stuff over the last year of so and even threw in a NOS vintage Palmolive shave cream boxed.

He's just like the real Yoda not in all the scenes but always there when needed:yoda

Bird Lives likes this.
  3. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Jody is just one of those guys that are put on this earth to make others happy. We need more of 'em.

Bird Lives likes this.
  4. Moe

Moe Active Member

I don't have the time to participate in the forums like I used to, but last time I was looking for a particular razor Jody was there and pointed me in the right direction :)

Bird Lives likes this.
  5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Bird Lives and Norseman like this.
  6. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Ah this thread made my crappy day better. That's our Jody :)

Bird Lives likes this.
  7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Jody is a stand up guy. When I was new here, I asked a question about which shave stick to try out. He PIF'd a Palmolive stick and an Erasmic stick to me; along with an NOS tube of Palmolive shave cream. I will never forget that and it's part of the reason why I became so involved in the TSD.

Bird Lives likes this.
  8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

That's a good dude right there! (And The Bird ain't bad either-hope all the pain of loss is replaced with warm memories, dude!)

Bird Lives and GDCarrington like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Man...I missed this thread first time around....+1 on the hopes for your success in all that you wish to achieve...and prayers for your good health and hapiness...

and thanks Bob...;) BTW, is it just me or is the menthol munky giving us all a raspberry there ?....:eek:...lol

battle.munky and GDCarrington like this.
  10. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

+1 - Jody is a stand up guy and hopefully doing well with his quest !

Bird Lives likes this.
  11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Yeah, Jody is one of the best!

And Bird, best wishes to you and your family! Keep 'em close!

Bird Lives likes this.