Joe Chandler Restorations -- Four Scores

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by berzerkeleyan, Oct 26, 2007.

1. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

Hey guys. I hardly every post here anymore (I find I save a lot of money by keeping my wetshaving forum surfing to a bare minimum :D ), so I'm sorry for the intrusion. Anyway, I am one of the many who have been treated by the work of the artiste commonly known as Joe Chandler. In the mail tonight I received the following beauties. In my haste to post, I can't say I took the best pictures. But trust me when I say that I am beyond happy and impressed.

My RAD is sated. For now.

Razor #1: 7/8 Joseph Elliot with Macassar ebony scales and brass spacer. Scales were originally horn. This one had some chips on the shaving edge, so Joe ground it down and honed it for me. In the third picture, I unfortunately did not wipe off the dust. But it does show the beautiful grain of the wood.

Attached Files:

2. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

Razor #2

Razor #2 is a 5/8 Wade & Butcher 1/4 hollow with feathered maple scales and marbled green spacer. Scales were also originally horn. And like the Joseph Elliot, it also needed some chips removed from the blade edge.

Attached Files:

3. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

Razor #3

Razor #3 is a 6/8 Crown & Sword with Hawaiian koa scales and blue spacer. The scales were originally plastic, and were gassing badly.

Attached Files:

4. berzerkeleyan

berzerkeleyan New Member

Razor #4

Razor #4 is a 9/16 Wapienica with horn scales, red spacer, and initials etched into the blade. Scales were originally stainless steel. This is very similar to what was done for an SRP member.

I tried to capture some of the nuances of the horn in the third picture. It is truly outstanding work.

Attached Files:

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Wow! Those are awesome! :eek: :drool:drool:drool

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

WOW !

Those are really spectacular :cool:
    ......I wonder how much moolah you'd spend if you hung out with us more often ??
    Come back soon !

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Joe does some beautiful work indeed!

Enjoy!

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Very nice :drool:drool:drool They look great, congrats!! :D

9. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Impressive.. I am sure you will enjoy them!

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Very very nice.

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Superb! We're glad you stopped by!

12. bg42

bg42 New Member

exellent job

I see Joe C has been showing off again ,I bet your are a very proud owner,if not ship them over here and I will be,I`ll even pay the postage,you cant get a more generous offer than that, can you ?:::drool
    Kind regards Peter

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

I really like that Koa Wood, sooo nice :drool:drool :cool:

14. usqview

usqview New Member

i am continually impressed by his work.:drool

great little collect you have there.

i really need to send him a few project razors that i have sitting around.

cheers,
    ryan

15. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

SO SO BEAUTIFUL

Its amazing what a new set of scales can do to a razor

16. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Joe's definitely got some nice talent running through his fingers. I like looking at his latest works.

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

great show

I know Joe's Work 1st hand got a couple razors here that I still need to get a good show going I too went with KOA and the scales are very nice.

I didnt know there was horn too :drool:drool:drool ! oh god I love the black horn darn my razors are already done but but ! i have a few still to be done you gave me some ideas!

18. minderasr

minderasr Member

:drool

:love008

:happy096

19. Amyn

Amyn Guest

Those are purty, I have to get some of my str8 those nice looking scales.

20. coolsimon

coolsimon New Member

Nice razors arent they...

Well I recently recieved a couple of razors back from JOE and im kicking my own butt as i didnt take before pictures...but what i got back blew me away in more ways than one....I will post pics later...regards,simon