Joined The Karve Allen Bradley Razor Party Late

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bill G, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

I stopped buying razors a while back kept some and retired some. Over the years of whet shaving now I have found the few that work great for me. Some expensive and some not so expensive.

The issue for me is I need a fairly solid medium high medium aggressive razor to get a good shave. The issue here is my neck area is very sensitive with coarse hair growth that grows in multiple directions. A lot of razors give me irritation because of chasing a BBS shave. It really depends on the razors design for me as with most shavers.

Now to the Karve razor.

I like short handles so I chose the 3” short handle. I purchased my Karve razor with the C .85 blade gap & the D .98 blade gap plates. I tried both plates and found the D plate for me on my neck area only to work but it had a bit to much blade gap good shave but could easily irritate the neck area. The C plate was perfect giving a smooth close great shave. Not much more to say about the shaves they are great. Note I purchased the wide body cap on my razor to cover the blade tabs.

I wanted a good quality brass razor and this razor fits the bill nicely. The fit finish and quality is as good as it gets for a great price in this arena of razors.

I plan to let the patina come natural as I like the look. I will keep the razor wiped down and clean by spraying a water and Dawn soap solution to keep the soap scum off then dry and store letting it patina or age naturally.

For now the Karve razor along with my Razorock GC .84 give me the combination in razors as mentioned above that work just great for me. Both razors under $100.00 and will last a lifetime or two. The Karve over $100.00 if you buy the razor stand.

Happy Shaves To Everyone,
    Bill G

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    LCBurt, PLANofMAN, Dave in KY and 2 others like this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I've never used one but I hear they really are good serviceable razors. It's always a good feeling when you finally hit on what precisely works for you. Everything out there - from the first razor ever made to the latest soap - is all YMMV. Sounds like you are reaching your last mile. Cheers! :eatdrink047:

Dave in KY and Bill G like this.
  3. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

You are so correct my Friend…

Thank You,
    Bill G

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

Real quick,

I love this Karve razor so much after shaving with it for quite a few shaves now. I decided to order the matching SS model with razor stand to have a set of these razors one in brass and one in stainless on display in the shave den.

Karve makes a great razor stand for there razors the nicest I personally have seen in design. It has a nylon guide inside it to guide and protect the razor handle from scratching.

Yes, it’s a sickness… Lol.

Happy Shaves All,
    Bill G

PLANofMAN and IAmTheJody like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I've always really liked the look of Karve razor handles.

Bill G likes this.