July 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Any chance you're joining us for Cinco de Julio?

1. Of course. In fact, I save my popsicle sticks for just this occasion!

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Of course not. I'm sane.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. I'll think about it but I'm too busy eating cookies.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. I'll let you know when I get to St. Louis.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nicely done, Rick!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Good job Rick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

July 31st
    Razor: Timeless .95 SC
    Blade: Treet Platinum (4)
    Brush: Rick Montalvo mixed
    Pre shave: Stirling mentholated
    Soap: JoHS Blood on Steel
    Lucky Tiger face tonic
    AS: JoHS Blood on Steel

Tobacco Tuesday!

Excellent shave to end the month! More improvements with the left hand. I gave it lathering duty tonight as well.

The wife has a conference in New Orleans on Monday. We're flying out tomorrow so we can spend some time checking out the sites and sampling the food. The diet will be on vacation too. The Timeless is bladeless and packed for the trip.

It's been a fun month! See you all in August from Louisiana! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Thanks for that! I don't know all of the details on injectors so the info is nice to have. I suppose that means I need to focus on them more!

5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Excellent composition Jim!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

FaceScraper, PLAla, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Andrew!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

July 2018

July 31

Razor - Type E3 Schick Injector
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Stirling Iced Pineapple
    Brush - Stirling Pro Handle Synthetic
    Post - Alum

Final shave for July 2018. I almost hate to see this month end but.....August is upon us and it should be great as well. Finishing up with the E3 Injector. See how quickly I show off my new knowledge? And how do I know it's an E3? Because you guys told me. I'll figure it out on my own in a bit. Why get smart if you can just get smart friends?

Soap for the night is Stirling Iced Pineapple. This will definitely, unequivocally, positively and absolutely be my next full tub purchase from them. Unless Iced Coffee comes available before I order. Then they'll both be shipped together.

Three passes and all is fantastic except for a small weeper on my right cheek. Not sure how I did that but it stopped with alum so all's well. Not gonna let a little thing like that ruin a great shave. Besides, if there isn't a little blood once in awhile I'm not sure I'm still shaving.

It's been in the 70's here the past few days. Hard to believe for those who were here a few weeks ago. But - mid 80s and back to the 90s by the weekend. Here comes August!

July 31 2018.JPG

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I think there may be a bigger rule in effect here. When any razor containing a sharp edge or sharp blade falls - they should all be avoided like they are hot nuclear fuel rods. I know I've had a few cuts because I failed to respect the safety razor, or fell for the idea that it's a safety razor so, therefore, it's safe. I've been guilty of picking them up with thumb and forefinger along the blade guards instead of the ends and getting bit. Words to live by. Or at least bleed less by.

9. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Tuesday July 31 just before midnight - Thank God July is over shave

Delta Echo Ink black Gillette Black Beauty on 4 / Nacet (4, I think)
    Jason's non - 30DC cypress badger brush
    Italian Frankensoap
    Alum and Soapy Bathman Cup of Joe menthol balm

I used proven products and reliable tools tonight for a drama-free two pass DFS bordering on BBS. The balm not only is excellent for the face, it is a real energizer too with the menthol kick and espresso smell.

A late night chair bath, hair wash and comfortable shave, and I am all cleaned up and ready to go for the morning -- Mom's viewing/memorial service before her cremation. The last part of this month was a mental strain but at least it's finally over. I want to thank everyone again for your kind thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. I am looking forward to starting an August thread in which I will once again have nothing personal to post about more exciting than the results of my daily shave. My Adjustables and I will see you all over there.

10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Andrew! This one is quite a bit different. A lot of the other Barbershop scents have a bergamot and patchouli scent to them, but this one doesn't have either. The woody scent is definitely there, but it isn't a saw dust type of note. A little sweeter, and then some vanilla behind it. There is just a bit of a floral note to it as well. I really like this scent, it is probably one of my favorite PAA scents.

I honestly wouldn't have called it a Barbershop scent if I just smelled it without a description first. I definitely get the sea side boardwalk vibe to it.
    Thank you, Jim!
    Thank you, Clint!
    Thank you, Jason!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo Jim. I hope you guys enjoy the trip to New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Excellent picture, Jim!

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Clint!
    Thanks, Jim!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It was a good month. It was nice getting to meet some of you face to face. [​IMG]

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:signs011: But we sure got some strange looks in the restaurant when we had the group hug. :happy097:

16. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Our sympathies in this time of sorrow for you and your family. My prayers are with you in this trying time.