***July Newbie Give-Away***

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by swarden43, Jul 1, 2013.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The Shave Den and several of it's vendors & members would like to welcome Newbies to The Shave Den by giving you a chance to win some great shave gear!
    This Months Prizes

TSD Store
    A $10.00 Gift Certificate from The Shave Den Shop.​

Ginger's Garden
    The scent is the winner's choice.​
    A 3-piece DE razor​
    A Nickle Fat Handle Tech, and including a pack each of Astras, Polsilvers and Feathers.​

The Rules
    1. Newbies must have registered within the month of the contest.
    (example; register@TSD in July, sign-up for contest in July)​
    only exception - Newbies who register on the last day of the month, will be allowed to enter either that month's contest or the next. Not both though.
    (I'm sorry if you missed out on your drawing month, but this is the only way I can keep track of who has and has not entered a drawing already. Please don't ask to be included if you don't meet the 3 rules.)​

2. Newbies must post their interest in this thread.
    (Your name will go on the list when you express your interest, but that does NOT mean you are in the drawing. You still must meet the post requirement, see rule #3.)​

3. Newbies must make 15 posts within the month they are eligible for this give-away.

4. It will be the contest entrants responsibility to check back in this thread to see if you won, no PM will be sent to the winner.

5. Any prizes not claimed within 30 days will be forfeited.

Please, no chatter in this thread.
    You can ask questions in another thread, or a private message.
    Thank you.
    All Newbies are welcome to sign up, prizes will ship worldwide.
    The contest closes at 12:00am CST on the 1st day of the next month.
    Winning names will be drawn using the List randomizer here.
    TSD is not responsible for delivery of prizes other than those provided by TSD Store.

Entries:
    Mr. Wonderful
    Mike D
    Dave Paskowski
    daniel146
    Kawika503
    Nikhil Naidu
    SKrotee
    Bobcat
    HeisenBadger
    ladymunkee88
    QuiteTheChoi
    mce00771
    Lucky Gagin
    StevenML
    Justin Cook
    Rui Marques
    Sea Doggy
    ShorTea
    Tiddle

StevenML and Sea Doggy like this.
  2. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Active Member

Sign me up

3. Mike D

Mike D New Member

sign me up too.

Post my intereste:
    Job wise I am a Chemist. I love science. I got into soap making in 2008. It started as a hobby and kept growing. Also, it is a good way to teach chemistry to kids and so I hope my daughter and future children will also find it an enjoyable hobby. I like to make the "Natural Soaps" and a goal now is to make a shaving soap.

The quest for the Überlather has begun!

I am always looking for new ideas. Any suggestions are appreciated

Other interests: Politics, History, Fitness.

Larry58108 and soapbuddy like this.
  4. Dave Paskowski

Dave Paskowski Active Member

Well this is post 15 so I'm in. I'm not or I should say I wasn't much of a shaver. I've had a full beard most of my life not from being lazy but because I couldn't find a decent way of shaving. I hate electric shavers and disposals are inhumane. Due to some medical issues (Sleep Apnea) I need to be clean shaved so my full mask doesn't leak. While running this conundrum through my brain I started to reminisce about good old Dad, sure do miss his wisdom. He was blunt and to the point. Growing up I can remember standing next to my dad at the bathroom sink and being mesmerized by the ritual and finesse of what he was doing. I remembered that he shaved almost everyday. How could he stand the torture I was thinking. Saturday was the day he would be an hour or so in the bathroom. I remember the room being full of steam after his shower, the hot wet towels, his bowl and brush on the sink where he whipped up a bowl of nice lather. He would apply it to his face and what was left was applied to mine. Him using a razor and me using an empty one I would watch and mimic. Neither one of us ever got nicked. What a great time I would have. Then it dawned on me it wasn't a chore of manhood but it was a pleasure, some me time for the old man. So, I'm hoping to relive some good times and pamper myself a little. Plus my wife likes me clean shaving the few times she has seen me that way. I do know my mom loved when dad shaved on Saturdays. Hell, I might even be a wet shave baby. ;) Thanks for this chance.

soapbuddy likes this.
  5. daniel146

daniel146 New Member

Sign me up also

My interest: safety razors especially collecting them.
    I also like birds (parrots) and gardening

6. Kawika503

Kawika503 Active Member

Please enter me in this contest, thank you.

I couldn't tell if "Newbies must post their interest in this thread" meant as in "sign me up, I'm game" or if you meant what I like, like "I enjoy sushi, red wine and long walks on the beach". Either way, this reply should cover it. 1 down, 14 to go!

7. Nikhil Naidu

Nikhil Naidu Member

Hi, I am a newbie and a recent convert to the DE shaving method. So far I have used a Gillette Mach 3, Multiple SuperMax types (disposable and non disposable types) and most recently the G Fusion. It was by accident that I used the DE method - was not able to find my kit and was forced to use an old DE razor lying around (had an important meeting). Asked dad to supervise as I wasnt confident - havent looked back since! :) . Looking to buy my first 'handle' - winning it would surely be great!!!

Enter me into the contest!

8. SKrotee

SKrotee Member

Please consider this my interest. This has been a great new hobby of mine!

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

What a great way to welcome new members. I am in.......

Thanks!

10. HeisenBadger

HeisenBadger New Member

Sign me up please!
    Thanks

11. ladymunkee88

ladymunkee88 New Member

Hello everyone.
    Sign me up please!

12. QuiteTheChoi

QuiteTheChoi New Member

Hey, I'm interested! :)

13. mce00771

mce00771 Member

Hello. Consider me interested!

14. Lucky Gagin

Lucky Gagin Member

Sign me up, please! Thanks.

15. StevenML

StevenML Active Member

I would like to sign up, too. Thank you!

16. Justin Cook

Justin Cook New Member

Sign me up please, thanks! :)

17. Rui Marques

Rui Marques Well-Known Member

Is it possible to sign me up? Thanks.

18. Sea Doggy

Sea Doggy New Member

I like my razors as I do my beer... Free!

19. ShorTea

ShorTea Member

What a nice way to welcome the newbies! Please enter my name

20. Tiddle

Tiddle Member

Please sign me up! Thanks to all the donors and mods for this great opportunity!