Just got my 3 Morris & Forndran Rooney Finest 2-Band brushes in

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by CHSeifert, Dec 21, 2012.

1. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

I have been waiting for these brushes in 5-6 weeks time, so really had to be patient with Lee Sabini and Classic Shaving :biggrin:

But now they arrived within the same day, 2 from the UK and one from the US.
    The M&F in Faux ivory is the big brother to my number 1 brush in my collection, the smaller 2XL M&F Rooney Finest 2-band brush. The 2XL has a knot size of 29 mm, this one is the big brother to that one with a knot size of 32-33 mm, and the handle is slightly fatter - both handles are the best handles I have ever had in a brush - not that tall, but fat and the shape is just perfect for my hands. Better than the also great Chubby 2 handle and the Rooney Stubby Heritage 2XL and 3XL handle. PERFECTION !

The knot on both the little brother and bigger brother is BY FAR - the most dense and solid knot of hair I have ever in my life felt and seen.
    You can not believe how dense this brush is.......nothing comes close from Rooney and Simpson, and Simpson knots are VERY VERY dense, especially the Chubby models.

[​IMG]

The 2 other M&F Finest 2-Bands is a custom order from Lee Sabini.

The handles are made/turned from scratch by Lee, and they resemble one of my favorite handles, the Rooney Heritage Stubby 2XL handle, which I slightly prefer over the 3XL handle. The Jade is bulb and the snow leopard is fan-bulb hybrid, just like I ordered them. Both are 28-29 mm in knot size, the Jade bulb is 50 mm loft and the Snow Leopard fan is 48 mm loft. Both with Finest 2-band hair.
    I think Lee Sabini made an excellent job with these 2 brushes, and I look forward to cleaning them and using them in the new year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Beautiful. I like the mottle blue handle on the one. That white handled M&F looks about perfect.

3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

All three brushes are GREAT!! Love that jade handle with a #6 Horse hair knot..:)

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! :happy088::happy088: May they serve you well for many shaves to come.

5. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

To me,and it's all good but Rooney, Morris & Forndran, and Lee Sabini in especial just blow the doors off all the rest, who are god-awful gorgeous in all their designs themselves.