Just tried Aqua Velva

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by burningdarkness, Feb 24, 2009.

1. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I've been using Aqua Velva the past few days after shaving after finally deciding to pick up a bottle of the stuff. For some reason, I don't dislike the smell as much as I used to. The stuff works great. It hasn't received the SWMBO Stamp of Approval yet, but I will be testing out the waters soon. She hates the smell of menthol, so we'll see what she thinks when I sneak it on without telling her.

I'm glad I finally gave the stuff a chance after such a long period of time without using it.

2. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Welcome to the Velva side. Please pay your dues to Shep and then proceed to orientation.

3. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I'm not paying any dues. If Shep tries to make me, I'll just let the cat out of the bag. I took all of his cookies, too, so it's probably pretty angry and hungry right now.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome, Dom! :signs046

If SWMBO gives thumbs down, send her this way for a bit of "rehab". ;)

5. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Thanks, JoAnna.

To be quite honest, I think she'll take me along with everyone else in here that likes the stuff to her own version of "rehab".

6. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I tried and tried with the AV. the creepy pedophile janitor at my high school bathed in the stuff and get flash backs of him staring at all the girls butt and ....well you know what girls have to look at;) Guy looked like he crawled out of a bayou in Louisiana? Creepy! Its probably the only reason I cant stand stand the stuff.

7. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Wow. Don't think I could even try to use the stuff if it held that sort of association.

8. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Hey, congrats Dom. For the record I'm not rabidly pro-Velva. I just find it has it's uses as a face medicine. The scent doesn't bother me, but there are definitely better smelling AS's out there. Besides it only lasts an hour or so and the smell is gone I think.

9. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I on the other hand wish the scent lasted all day.

10. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Cool! Welcome to the world of AV.

11. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Make sure you go around back and get your Aqua Velva tattoo. Try and get it in a discreet location of your body; after all, we don’t want people to start associating us with a cult movement… even though we are one!

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

If she does not like it get a Boy Friend :D

EXCUSE ME <CLICK>

Can I get an AMEN from the congragation .

Fuzzy

13. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

I was wondering how long it would take.

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

:D You know me to well maybe

Fuzzy

15. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

:laugh042

16. Quest

Quest New Member

I crawled out of the bayou what a trying ta say.... :happy102

17. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Really ??

16 posts and NO ONE has invited him to join

Team HAVOC ???

Really ???

[​IMG]

18. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Have you tried all of the Acqua Velva products? Clasic, Musk and Sport. Its made by a company called Combe which also makes a variety of other products you may be familar with Brylcream, Lectric Shave, William, Cepacol and Johnson's Foot Soap. acquavelvausa.com

19. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I've only used the Aqua Velva Ice Blue splash. I must say that I've become even more attached to it. It's great stuff. :D

Put it on right before seeing my girlfriend a few nights ago. She smelled my face, asked me what I was wearing and said that it wasn't bad and that she liked it. So now I have the thumbs up on this stuff from her, too.

Now where can I get a 10-gallon drum of it?

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

NOW she is a keeper Dom. Welcome to the Blue side. SE's and AV..next we will get you hooked on Williams soap.:D

Fuzzy