K Pop

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by BigD, Sep 30, 2019.

1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

So, where I am in the world they're playing K Pop videos in the coffee shop. I can't figure out which are boys and girls. It's just weird. I don't get it. I feel old. I miss rock.

There's Modern Williams, and then there's everything else.
    BigD

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Hold your ground. This too shall pass.
    Not this or that outside.jpg

AGHisBBS, BigD and brit like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I see it and just want to point and laugh. :happy068:

BigD, brit and RyX like this.
  4. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Theres a Korean restaurant in the city I live that plays K-Pop on the TVs all the time. Some of it actually isnt bad, if youre into boy band music.

RyX and brit like this.
  5. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Had to Google K Pop. Gadzooks it's awful!!

BigD likes this.
  6. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Yep. It's so bad it hurts my hair.

RyX and AGHisBBS like this.
  7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

It's just a new version of the 80s-90s boy bands....some of it has nice catchy rhythms, and is recorded well. The K-Pop and J-Pop bands (a little moreso) typically have a better appreciation for well recorded/mixed audio than what is produced for that age range by the 'regular label' music producers/companies.

I'll definitely agree that I miss the typical 60s-90s rock genre of what could be done with just a guitar, bass guitar, keyboard and drum set.

The good thing in our house....our girls don't mind when wifey and I tire of their K-Pop and change it to Van Halen, America, Journey, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, current movie or classical Symphony scores/music, etc. etc. They have a huge genre range of music they'll listen to (but not much rap or country).

AGHisBBS, brit and BigD like this.