Kabrand razor?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Iacchus, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Iacchus

Iacchus Member

I picked this fella up on Ebay yesterday. Dunno why it caught my eye, but it did. Anyone familiar with Kabrand razors? The seller describes it as French made, but due to lack of details, I am at a loss for what the reverse of the tang says. I suppose as long as it doesn't say Pakistan I'm okay ;) . He did say the blade width was 11/16.
    Any idea?
    [​IMG]

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Hmmm...I don't have all the handy-dandy references, but it looks really nice! Maybe Bill knows something on these. Yeah, as long as it isn't Pakinese, I'd say it will be a good blade. Let us know how she hones up!! Nice, Mitch.

3. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

I'm not really familiar with this Hallmark, but that doesn't mean much. There is a lot I still don't know. It looks like a nice enough razor. Metal caps and inlays were used on the better model razors often enough, to be sure.

Does it have anything on the other side of the tang?

4. Iacchus

Iacchus Member

Aye, there is writing there, but from the auction pictures I cant make out any words, even under magnification. It looks to be more than just one word denoting an Asian country.
    Here's the pic from the other side.
    The scales seem to be in okay shape, and the blade "seems" to be without any major flaws. Really won't know until I get it though.
    [​IMG]

5. Iacchus

Iacchus Member

The razor showed up today, and is honestly pretty nice, if a little dirty.
    On the back of the tang, it reads :

garante trempe et affile
    a la main
    m.d. 112. 479-28. 4. 27

I guess it is French.
    I suppose I will post over at SRP about it and see if anyone has any experience with this brand.