Keeping my 1950s Super Speed, but selling my 1970 Triumph Tiger

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Admiral Beez, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Admiral Beez

Admiral Beez Active Member

I love my old English Gillette Super Speed, but my old English motorcycle needs a new home.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2017
    PLANofMAN likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've an old Honda that ought to find a new home. Can't see rewiring it, and NOS harnesses from '82 just aren't available. Could make more selling it for parts but it ran so well except for the last two outings.
    Now a Vintage Gillette? They just keep on humming :happy088:

wristwatchb and Queen of Blades like this.
  3. Admiral Beez

Triumph is gone. Bought myself a 1982 Suzuki GS650G with shaft drive. I love it so far.

wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Photos, kind Sir?

I've owned both chain and shaft drive bikes. Much prefer the clean and near maintenance free nature of my old 750cc Magna shaft drive.
    82 750 cc Magna shaft drive.gif

Admiral Beez and wristwatchb like this.
  5. Admiral Beez

Here’s my bike before and after polishing. Used 400 and 600 grit wet paper with a drop of dish soap, followed by brown and white polishing compound and sisal wheels on my cordless drill, with rotating drill batteries on the go.

Next step is to install the new case emblems and tremclad semi gloss touchup the frame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

D[​IMG]

6. Admiral Beez

I like the Honda shafties, but not the stepped seat. I like the flat British style seat for cargo and space to stretch out.

RyX likes this.
  7. Admiral Beez

I've added new case emblems. They peeled right off easily. Looks much better now, IMO.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Screwtape, wristwatchb and Frijolero like this.