Ken's Roasted Pork Tenderloin

Discussion in 'The Cookbook' started by Bluesbishop, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

Ken's Roasted Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients
    1.5-2lb Pork Tenderloin
    nonstick vegetable oil spray
    Ken's pork rub * (see note)

*Ken's pork rub: You can make this in large quantities and store in air tight dry containers.

4 tablespoon of prepared chili powder
    2 tablespoons of ground cumin
    1 teaspoon of red pepper
    2 teaspoons of kosher salt
    1 teaspoon of of coarse ground black pepper
    2 teaspoons of garlic powder
    1 teaspoon of dried ground chipotle
    2 tablespoons of paprika
    Mix all ingredients together, rub on any pork dish for a great flavor!

Directions

Spray tenderloin lightly with vegetable oil spray and rub rub pork with my pork rub. Wrapin plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours ( better if you do this the night before and lety set over night)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Over high heat, heat a nonstick sear pan, or other large pan, spray lightly with nonstick oil. Remove tenderloin from plastic wrap and sear all sides, about 1 minute per side till you can see the sear marks (I use a nonstick grill pan that leaves grill marks). Once meat is seared, put in oven, for 20-22 minutes......DO NOT OVER COOK!!!!! *( see note below)

Remove from oven and wrap tenderloin in foil, alllow to rest for at least 10 minutes ( the foil holds in the heat while it is resting and allows for some additional cooking). Once meat is rested ( this allows the meat to be extremely juicy!) slice and serve!

* the biggest mistake most people make with Pork is to over cook it. Pork does NOT have to be cooked well done. The cooking time provided is for Pork cooked medium.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

terbor, 5Savages and BossManBill like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Ken, you are killing me with all this fantastic imagery. What ever you do, DON"T STOP POSTING THEM! I don't mind dying in this fashion! :happy108:

That's what I call good eating!

3. Bluesbishop

Bluesbishop Active Member

I try to create dishes that are easy to make and and take pictures to show how I plate my food also, as we eat with our eyes almost as much as we eat with our mouths! Nothing like a good dish that is plated well...

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Overcooked pork is one of my biggest food pet peeves.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Hey Ken-I am new to the board. This looks like a great recipe. I shoot a lot of wild boars and have several tenderloins (backstraps) in the freezer. It is time to pull one out.

Thanks-Bob