Kilted TSD

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by maliboy67, Jan 3, 2015.

1. maliboy67

maliboy67 Well-Known Member

If you have seen my avatar you might have noticed I wear kilts. No always but when my wife puts in a request or we have an event that requires formal attire. I was married in one and now own 3, two wool tartans and a black hemp. An one else enjoy being kilted?

dscaver, Slow Joe, KLF and 8 others like this.
  2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I think I might try it just for the freedom.

dscaver, Bristle Me and wristwatchb like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Good Lord, that must give new meaning to freezing your butt off, especially in Canada. :eek:

Boojum1, Bristle Me and Slipperyjoe like this.
  4. maliboy67

Did I happen to mention it gets you more attention from the ladies

Actually it is much warmer than you think.

Boojum1 and Bristle Me like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Pretty cool! I've got the legs to pull off a Kilt. ;)

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Do you wear a sgian-dubh?
    [​IMG]

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

... and do you play the pipes?

BigMark likes this.
  8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Now I've got you guys to thank for extending my morning shave by 1 hour...30 minutes each for 3 passes on each leg. I have trouble around my chin...I bet my knees will be even more challenging. :shocked003:

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

We have ladies here who shave their legs so maybe you will be more sympathetic to their issues after you complete your extended shaving routine! :D:happy093:

10. maliboy67

Yes you will notice one on my left as I'm a lefty.

Unfortunately not but would like to take it up some day.

GDCarrington likes this.
  11. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

12. richgem

you may wish to start with a weed wacker or at least a beard trimmer.

wristwatchb likes this.
  13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I picked up a bucket of Nair on e-Bay...I apply it with a garden sprayer. Probably TMI, but it is quite effective.

richgem and GDCarrington like this.
  14. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Actually no.

I'm still under a federal court restraining order related to my last public appearance where I sported spandex bicycle pants....

15. richgem

Well then, knee problem solved! Just be careful when applying; you don't want to get too close to the Mason-Dixon line. :eek:

As well you should be. :p

I can see it now... "Say, lassie, are me cheeks looking a wee bit blue, eh?" :rofl:

Bristle Me and wristwatchb like this.
  16. Warhorse

Warhorse Active Member

In fact, I do. There were two things I wanted to bring back from a trip to Scotland several years ago, a kilt and a set of bag pipes.....I had NO idea how much either of those cost - wow! I brought back a worker's kilt in Royal Tartan. Wear it periodically for social events (and sometimes as a lark to take the attention off my poor golf skills). While I enjoy the kilt as a piece of clothing, I don't really have the tan to wear them much.....people think I'm wearing white tights underneath them.

Attached Files:

Slow Joe, macaronus and Bristle Me like this.
  17. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

I own a utilikilt, ( i hadn't watched the video before answering) in a basic brownish material similar to cargo pants material. I love the freedom a kilt gives, and yes, you do get attention from others..... sometimes in a good way.

Bristle Me likes this.
  18. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Having worn a few several times to the local renascence fest and other places and having owned a belted plaid and an amerikilt they do seem to get the attention of most of the ladies. I have also noticed that any lady I was in the accompaniment of were quite fickle about kilts and the extra attention afforded me by my attire. They loved them and hated them, often from moment to moment and throughout a single day. Honestly I have never seen anything quite as polarizing or destructive to a relationship of mine.

But if your wife is behind you 100% you can't ask for a better situation.

Bristle Me likes this.
  19. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

If I ever have the money I'd like a full grand kilt or belted plaid (the whole nine yards of it). :)

20. maliboy67

I don't have a great kilt but I do have an 8 yard 13 oz kilt my other wool kilt is a 6 yard 9oz much better for warm weather.

mikewood and macaronus like this.