Kinda Strange Question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Preacher, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a used ATT R1 razor. I was planning at some point to order the barber pole handle for it from ATT. I was browsing the Timeless Razor site and they offer a barber pole handle, and it is heavier than the one that ATT offers. I was wondering if the Timeless handle would fit the ATT razor.

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Many are interchangeable, a few aren't. So honestly, a correct answer would be maybe. Sorry, i didn't help much.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Most razor manufacturers use M5 threading. I'll try to see what I can find out.

Edit: other handles fit on the timeless razors, including BRW (bob's razor works) and windrose. Both are made to work on gillette three piece razors, so I'm pretty sure timeless handles will work on ATT razor heads as well. ATT razors are universal compatible as well.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  4. Preacher

That's good news, brother. Thank you. I'm going to order one after I receive the ATT.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Doublechecked and ATT handles fit: (according to their website) Weber, Tradede OC, Goodfella, Edwin Jagger, Muhle, Gillette Old Type and Tech heads.

Which is industry standard, I wish razor companies were a bit more up front about what threading they use. So timeless handles should fit ATT heads and vice versa.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  6. Preacher

You are the man! This is my first "high end" razor.

7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

+1^^^. I wouldn’t worry at all.

I have owned several ATT razors, and interchanged all sorts of handles back and forth. They are very much standard.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Pics, once you get it, please.