King of Shave ALS (Advanced Lubrication System)

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by hyperwarp, Sep 24, 2007.

1. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You crack me up man. Nice review overall....you actually make me want to buy a tube of this slop, but this was my favorite part:

3. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Am thinking it's the best 6 bux I've spent recently.

Just gotta 'nother sweet, faceturbating EMS tonite using a practically dead'n'dull Swede G on it's last legs. Fact, the Swede was retired to the blade bank after the shave. Can't wait to try this Goo with the new Swede I loaded tonight.

4. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Mmmm,

I wonder if this is available here in Oz, I shall have to investigate?

Cheers
    John

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  5. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Just did a bit of a search, but cannot as yet find if it is available here. But while searching I also came across a cream version AlphaCream ALS Shaving Cream, it seems to be the same stuff just in a cream form.

Cheers
    John

6. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

John, if it comes in a tube with orange markings & squirts out Orange color that is it. Sorry that it seems hard for you Aussie's to get your hands on alot
    of products. Reckon the shipping costs must be horrific as well as the 'system" probably requiring huge duties on imported goods.

But, KOS is a Brit Co, so you'd think some of your drugstore/chemist's would be stocking that brand. The ALS is a new product so maybe it's just not widely available. I only found it @ 3 websites stateside.

7. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Good RECOVERY Cream

Fri nite, I shaved with TOBS Rose + Futur. Sat nite, shaved w/Musgo Real + Futur. Those two shaves had really tore my face up, in particular my tender neck-ticular parts. Super razor burn, tons of red bumps (like neck measles). Fortunately, had a Texas Hold'em tournament Sat night & them morons didn't even notice that I had like a neck disease or something. LOL, if I'd went out with SWMBO instead, she'd probably have either made me wear a Turtleneck or smeared abunch of that skin-color cream THEY use all over by poor neckticular bumpatations.

Tonight, kind of dreading to shave, I whipped out the ALS and ratted around under the sink till I found my old 2trak Sensor. Lathered up and made a N-S pass & don't think I cut even :roflone hair:rofl. Tried a quick l'il test patch ATG, same result. Not a whisker whacked.

Pulled out my HD which was loaded with a well-used Feather and mowed'em down good. Real good.

With the ALS (as with Creamo-Creme) you just wet your hands and rub around your face to reactivate the nano-ballbearings. LOL, but as you run wetness into the cream, you can even feel them little ball bearings rolling around under your fingertips. Weird, but works great. Your ugly mug is now ready for the next pass, simple as that.

To make a long story short, got another superlative shave using the ALS. No additional razor burn, no noticeable new shave measles. Fact, think the ALS "calmed down" the burn'n'bumps from the past two days.

ALS is a great recovery cream. Recovering from previous shaving mistakes.
    Just one more reason to keep a tube of this great product in your Shave Den. If it embarrasses you, put it way in the back, hidden behind
    your collection of 'spensive stuff.

Am thinking that my problem on Fri & Sat was not the TOBS Rose or Musgo,
    two of my fav traditional products, but am suspecting that I just had the
    Futur dialed up to high.

Tomorrow am going to shave with the Future again but set it back to 1.5 - 2.0 and test the theory of overaggressive setting.

8. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Just to say that I did find the ALS in my local supermarket and being surprised would be an understatement, $7.95 from memory.

Bright orange stuff isn't it! I tried it last night, and am quite pleased with the results. Went back to my Slant with a new Feather blade combo for the big test, also had my favourite batch of Proraso red all whipped up as well.

Gave the face a good soaking, and then spread the goo all over, it did go on very easily, and you could feel the mini ball bearings under the fingertips. I had a tough three day growth to mow down, and am glad to report that this stuff for me is very good, and it mowed it down no problems. Proceeded with my usual three passes and some 12 hrs later it still is nice and close.

So a big :happy088 :bounce015 from me.

Cheers
    John

9. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

:roflThat ball bearing:rofl feel is kinda weird, but a good kind of weird.

Glad you could find it "Down-Under", sometimes I worry about you Aussies "not having" stuff, you sure are way down under & :roflout of the way:rofl But you'll always be able to enjoy some of the planet's best Beer & Fine Wines & Women, for sure !

10. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Nearing Full Face Recovery

Johnnie, forgotto ask if AU$7.95 is "expensive". The US$6 I spent (+ got free shipping & no stinking tax) was cheap.

Did another Recovery Shave about an hour ago. What a wonder this ALS stuff is. My face is so much smoother than BBS, real close to EMS (Eunuch Smooth Mug). Face was still sporting burn & neck measles after last weekend's butchery. Think one more ALS recuperative shave & my face will be back to normal....Altho, I'm thinking I may just shave the next week or two exclusively with the ALS goo.

SWMBO has been teasing me about FaceTurbating. "Why wuddya Turbate anything when ya got me to Turbate yer body parts????":roflSuggested she lick my chin & jawline to do the "velvet tongue" test for missed whiskers. She did & we both enjoyed my ESM. No wayward whiskers went unwhacked.

She's gonna try the ALS next time she whips our her Sensor and attacks her
    bristly parts in the shower. Since it's a new product for her, I'll get to have
    me some fun rubbing it her perfectly lovely gams and start working up to the
    prized pelt. Gotta get yer jollies while you can, after I demo the product she'll "do it" herself next time, even though I always tell her "I don't mind helpin' out".

If any other of you guys try the ALS let us know what you think. Somebody's
    gonna hate it for sure. Not because of the quality of shave it delivers but
    because it's a scientific advance quite capable of killing off little pieces of the shave culture as we've been defining it, celebrating it, & defending it. They'll say it feels like rubbing Snot on yer face, :roflwhen actually it's little nano ball bearings:rofl, it's not the same w/o a brush, somebody will try to whip it up with a brush & it'll chemically eat a chunk outta there "knot'n'loft". Someone will for sure lay out the old causes cancer line. Somebody will find the orange color atrocious....ad infinitum. It'll be real interesting to see what goes down, both positive & negative.

All I can say is I luv dis Stuff

As for me, I'm just wanting the best shave I can get. ALS is a major tool in
    the modern shave kit to make that "be".

11. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Hey Hyper,

You are painting some pretty interesting mind pictures for me here .:rofl:rofl

Our $7.95 = about $7.10 of yours. The dollar has never been so high for us compared to yours at the moment.

I do hope your wrong about the brush melting away to nothing, because for sure I did also use the brush last night with my batch of Proraso. I tried the super-lather approach, not sure how successful that was though.

I will give it another go tonite without the extra lather.

Cheers
    John

12. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

:roflThat was just chemical reactive "speculation":rofl but if your brush does:roflmelt down:rofl, then my theory may be right !!!!:confused:

Sure hope you not experimenting with your fancy dancy hand-made imported from half way round the world :ashamed001BEST, MOST EXPENSIVE, SILVERTIP:ashamed001 brush !!!

As for mind pictures...hehehe...what lady wouldn't love the luxurious feel of
    millions of invisible ball bearings sensously defending & protecting her perfect skin during a dangerous shave manueveur ???

13. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Just keep getting superb shave after superb shave with this goop.

14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Ok, ok. I'll pick some up :mad: :D

15. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

I gotta get a tube of this stuff. great write up. too funny. sounds pretty good for a goo.

16. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Just make sure you rub in on wet face then wet hands and rub it in till you
    get that "ball bearing" feeling between face'n'hands. Repeat the wet hands, rub each pass. Basically, same procedure as Creamo+Creme.

BTW, don't drink or eat this product !!!

If anybody's got the Cojones & a real old crummy brush, they might experiment with laying on the badger to the goo. Was gonna do it but
    didn't wanna risk ruining my Sweetheart (SR3118 l'il bambino)...especially
    since I gotta gut feeling that it's not gonna do anything under a brush beating than it does with a rub-job....

17. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah, my guess is that ("ball-bearings + silvertip brush") = bad

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Does it smell yummy?? :confused:

19. Johnmw1

Johnmw1 New Member

Yes I can vouch for that, my brush has just undergone intensive care due to it's use with the ball bearings.:mad:

Cheers
    John

20. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

Just finished shaving with ALS and my favorite straight and......... I dunno....
    I found it difficult to pull my skin tight with my free hand. The shave feels just as good as my normal everyday shave. The only thing I sorta liked about it was that I can see the edges of my mustache easier than when it's hidden under lather. This was my first use of ALS and I will give it a few more chances. But I did miss the warm lather that I usually have during a shave. I found ALS odd to use, I never archived shaving nirvana. I shall keep trying.