King of Shaves - End of Innovation

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Sabre, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

King of Shaves have recently introduced two new cartridge razors. The KOS Five blade and the KOS Retro 4. The KOS Five blade handle has been sourced from a Chinese manufacturer, and was the first KOS handle not to be developed internally. The actual handle and carts are available from MERS marketed as the T- Series/Taranis Futur5. The Retro 4 features Bic Flex 4 carts. Neither of these two products have any involvement of their former partner Kai.

What has happened to innovation at King of Shaves?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Lack of money, or lack of feedback from the users? In either case it's easier to rebrand an existing design.

Sabre likes this.
  3. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

King of shaves?
    Never heard of them.
    Sounds like that's not a bad thing.
    It's hard to make an innovative cart. Easy to rebrand some cheap Chinese junk and fool the unwary. Till you get caught.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

They didn't manufacture carts, but handles that were compatible with carts from Kai.

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well, that is interesting. It's a UK product. Looks like it is coming to the USA.

6. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I used one years ago to shave my head. It wasn't bad, best cart besides Harry's. Only cart I'd use besides Harry's actually. Disposables razors aside that is.