Kiss My Face Shave Cream Discontinued ???

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by MR41, Jun 22, 2019.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if KMF has been discontinued???

a couple of years ago the large pump containers were selling for $0.75-$1.00 an ounce now they are selling for $ 3.00-$4.00 an ounce and some of there scents( cool mint) is listed on eBay as “ discontinued “.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yeah I noticed that a while ago, not cheap any more.

3. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

that's funny it's still on there web site but who knows maybe you just have to order it on the site.

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I will be crushed if it is...it's one of the best shaving creams out there.

brit likes this.
  5. steve207

no it's not discontinued I look just the other day on the wet site cool mint is still being made I found it on sale on ebay for $7.95

johnnyflake and brit like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The coconut mango bar soap is very hard to find.

brit likes this.
  7. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with this product. Is it applied with a brush or is it best used as brushless cream?

brit likes this.
  8. steve207

it's brushless but if you look in youtube you can in fact put it in a bowl and use a brush and it will make a lather it's thick and creamy from what I've seen give it a try.

johnnyflake and DesertTime like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Seems to be back in stock with the usual suspects. KMF was purchased by Aliph in 2018, and it took them a bit to get production going again.

As a side note, since I've been curious about it, the current formulation of KMF shave cream has been around since 1992, at least.

Per CNN article:

"...And we've always listened to customers. In 1991, during the first Gulf War, an American soldier in Kuwait wrote to us. He said he had used precious rucksack space to pack our shaving cream and thought it was junk. That letter was very painful to us. We pulled the product immediately and told retailers we'd return with something better. We did, and it became a bestseller."

brit, PanChango and johnnyflake like this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You can get it on amazon. I just got a 3-pack from them of the unscented. You may just have to wait a little bit for it to be in stock. Single bottles and tubes are a bit harder to find.

@DesertTime ... you can definitely lather it with a brush, but you can also use it effectively as a brushless by just rubbing it on your face with your hands.

johnnyflake likes this.
  11. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

You can find it both on Amazon & eBay. The pricing has been super crazy though!
    However, recently a few sellers have realized, that they can't sell it at those crazy prices. I have wanted one to try
    it out, as I never have used it. Finally, late last week, on eBay, I found a reasonable vendor. Although still a
    bit high, I was able to purchase a tube for $12.00 with Free S&H. Has not been delivered yet. Should come on
    Whnesday.

12. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Early in my exposure to our hobby, I used KMF as a rescue item to fix a bad lather. My late wife decided that straight up KMF performed great on its own, either lathered in a mug, or applied with hands.

Shaver X and johnnyflake like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

got some shipped up here recently through amazon for a great price..lovely stuff..

Shaver X likes this.
  14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Check here. The people who started rumors about Kiss My Face being discontinued apparently didn't. I did notice that my local Whole Paycheck stopped selling it, but that is not the same as being discontinued. KMF was acquired by Aliph Brands a year ago, and Aliph might have realigned its distribution channels and partnerships.

The price does seem to have gone up substantially. I purchased an 11 oz pump bottle at Whole Paycheck for something like $7.50 several months ago. They have changed a lot of their product lineup since the acquisition by Amazon, though. Single bottles of KMF sell for $10 - $13 now on Amazon, with four packs being sold for around $30. Kiss My Face has a store on Amazon, and might be channeling sales through this and other online outlets. It makes sense, as commerce increasingly moves online. It also saves money because they do not have to pay retailers slotting, pay-to-stay or display placement fees.

AoS cream has also increased in price by about $5, and several artisan soaps now cost nearly as much as their AoS counterparts. It does not really matter, as there are plenty of good quality, affordable alternatives. One kilogram of Vitos can be had for $18 on eBay. Van Der Hagen soaps are both dirt cheap and very good, as are Arko shave sticks. Mitchell's Wool Fat is a bargain when bought from Connaught Shaving, and an excellent soap. There are plenty of fine artisan soaps that are still reasonably priced. Indian grocery stores often have Godrej creams and other shaving products are very reasonable prices. If KMF is too expensive or unavailable, then that is disappointing, but not the end of the world.

Edit: KMF is $7.95 at Lucky Vitamin: https://www.luckyvitamin.com/sb-kiss-my-face-shaving-cream. Shipping appears to be a flat $5.95, so it makes sense to order more than one at a time.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Well the Peaceful Patchouli has been discontinued. I just got an 11oz. bottle for $20 on ebay.

brit likes this.