Kiss My Face

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by FortWayneShaver, Apr 17, 2012.

1. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Anyone have experience with KMF? It is a bit middle-of-the-road as far as my price range goes, and I have enjoyed the couple (Lavender and Unscented, the latter of which does have a nice "soapy" smell) I have tested, but wanted to know more. I am specifically thinking the Pomegranate/Grapefruit and the Key Lime. Any takers? Thanks in advance!

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The stuff is great. The lather whips up real easy and the shave it helps to give is very good.
    I keep a tube of the unscented around to use with difficult soaps, like Williams or Woods of Windsor, that don't lather too well. A little squirt is a real boost.
    I've also added a couple of drops of EO or cologne to the unscented to make my own scented lather.
    I've tried the Cool Mint, too. Not much menthol at all. Very light mint scent. I always add a few drops of M Bomb to help chill it down.

3. FortWayneShaver

Do you just add it to others, or do you use it by itself?

4. swarden43

The Cool Mint I'll use it alone. The unscented is there to help make bad hard lathering soaps better easier to lather.

5. FortWayneShaver

Thanks!

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

+1 to everything Steve said.

7. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I used their Olive oil Verbena soap for years for shaving. It had an amazing scent and great glide and cushioning properties..hmm..maybe a revisit...

8. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Steve said it all.

I also use the unscented to boost my harder lathering soaps and creams. For me, since so much water is introduced into the brush during my shave, the KMF really gives it some backbone and longevity.

I started out wet-shaving with the Key Lime. It has a very nice scent but is not at all overpowering.

9. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I don't find it to be as slick as the Bigelow. Maybe it's user error, but if I can't get the wife to use it on her legs maybe I'll superlather with it. I tried that the other night and it was pretty slick.

10. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

A BIG +1, plus last weekend I used the unscented by itself and it was great. Some of the easiest lathering cream I've tried. Bittermoron is right too. It makes a great Super lathering agent. Hope you like it.

11. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Every single time I use KMF, I always wonder why I don't use it more often. The stuff is great by itself or as a crutch to fix crappy lather. I'm with Steve, it is good stuff.

12. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

:signs011:

battle.munky likes this.
  13. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Huh....I gotta try some then. Wegmans, here I come! (need groceries anyway)

14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband uses it as a pre-shave, before using my shaving soap.

15. FortWayneShaver

I bit the bullet and bought the Lavender scented KMF. Shaved with it this morning, and thought it did a good job. I won't go off the deep end after one shave and proclaim it to be the most triumphant creation in the history of all mankind, but it did a decent job. Give me a week, and I will let you guys (and girls) more. Thanks for all the input!

By the way, I still am looking to find the original scents I was looking for. Anyone know a brick and mortar store that sells the different varieties in NE Indiana? Thanks!

16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

IMHO, KMF is a great starter cream. Generally easy to find, not expensive, and lathers easily. I started out with the unscented and the key lime, but then moved on to other creams for about a year. Since then, I've moved on to soaps exclusively.

battle.munky likes this.
  17. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

If I could find it locally, I would probably buy some. What stores are you folks finding it in?

18. bittermormon

bittermormon Active Member

I get mine at Whole Foods. I would guess Trader Joe's might have it too. Otherwise I'd check with your local hippy, overpriced grocery store :)

battle.munky likes this.
  19. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

Thanks. There's a Whole Foods opening up a quarter mile away from work. I'll check it out.

Not that I need any more SC/SS...

20. swarden43

Our ShopRite carries it.