Klar Kabinett

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Norseman, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

PanChango likes this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Frode, I love the Klar Kabinett soap. I was lucky to receive a whole block of it from a German friend of mine a couple of years ago. It's the only rosy-scented soap which I enjoy. My wife says it smells sexy!

ChiefShaver and BamaT like this.
  3. Norseman

I think its pretty good myself. I have only tried it once though :)
    Too bad it has been discontinued

4. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

I was tempted to pick the chunk up that was in the nationwide box, but florals just don't do much for me. It was a subtle rose, not overpowering, but still a little too floral for me.

5. TheMonk

TheMonk Well-Known Member

Bought one just recently, still haven't had a chance to try it... But I usually see a lot of love for this soap, otherwise wouldn't have bought 500gr of it!

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Fantastic soap that I have used regularly for the last few years. I have been through a kilo and am working on my last 500 gram package. It will be a shame when it is gone.

I did hear a rumor that it was going to be reintroduced in a smaller (maybe a stick) form. I am guessing that they just weren't making any money on the bulk packaging. The funny thing is that there really was not much chatter at all regarding this soap until it was discontinued.

7. TheMonk

The company that made Kabinett now makes shaving soaps in aluminum tins, and at a much higher price, called Klar Seifen.
    Haven't had a chance to try them yet, though.

Regards.

8. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Klar Seifen has been around a long time. It's an excellent soap as is Kabinette. I'm a fan of German veg soaps, they work very well for me.

9. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

How do the two soaps differ?

I've seen but never tried the Seifen.

10. KcHighLife

KcHighLife Well-Known Member

Okay I went to buy some before it was all gone and...unless I can't translate properly it appears to be gone from here as well.

11. Norseman

12. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

If the shipping wasn't so high I'd order a block from Barbiere di Figaro.
    I had a small chunk KK and it was one of my favorite soaps at a great value. It dissapeared before I had a chance to stock up on it. If Klars wasn't making a profit from it I don't understand why they didn't just reduce the size to say 300 grams instead of pulling it altogether. Oh well.

13. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Sounds really well...i think i have to look for it. Or a sample...

14. TheMonk

15. Norseman

Looks like a great shop, but I was surprised that they charged me €2.5 euros in ebay fees.
    Never seen that before

16. TheMonk

Ebay fees? Do you mean Paypal fees?

17. Norseman

Oops, yes. Thanks :)

18. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Don´t do this to me...:angry017: I just ordered 2 Stirling soaps and 1 Barrister & Man soap (Nocturne) + their Sample pack...i also have 3 samples of "The Holy Black" here to test,1 Sample of "Jabonman Wet Earth" and in the next days i hope to receive a sample of the unscented version of "Martin de Candre"...:angry017:

But on the other side...let´s think about the Klar...;)

Norseman likes this.
  19. TheMonk

You always have fees when sending funds internationally, AFAIK. See here.

Regards.

20. Norseman

When you send funds, yes. But AFAIK not when you pay for goods through a Pay Pal approved vendor.
    I use pay pal all the time, and I never have to pay anything else than the price of the merchandise and shipping.

In this case I was met with an additional fee of 2.5 euros (3,4$). Not a mighty sum, but still surprising. When reading the terms, it says nothing about being faced with an extra fee.
    Granted, the Terms was only available in Dutch, so both Google and I might have missed something.

Furthermore, as a buyer you is not supposed to pay an additional fee for Pay Pal.
    That cost is for the seller, and something I would assume would be taken into account when the seller sets the price for the merchandise.

As I said, not a big problem, just surprising and perhaps a little sneaky :)