Kolynos shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by crackstar, Apr 29, 2007.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A cream that a friend of mine living in Greece sent me, Kolynos is a basic, no-frills, every day kind of deal. The lather is very acceptable, the scent is pretty lilacy, but decent, and tends to linger after the shave, but the skincare is good. Pricewise, it's rather cheap, from what I understand. Would I buy it again? I would have to think it over....

2. Zachster

Zachster Member

Wow -- somebody else has tried this? I bought some in the Summer of '05 while I was visiting relatives in Greece and ran out of Palmolive (I only had a half tube in my kit from my previous travels, and my shaving fetish hadn't yet begun, else I'd have had a lot more creams to bring with me!). It worked fine for the rest of the time I was there, but I must say that the remainder of the tube is still in my bathroom drawer. I like the idea of Kolynos, as its a very old brand (popular in the U.S. in the '30s through '50s for their toothpaste, and ever-present in Greece since my childhood). But the scent is a bit too medicinal, and its just not as slick as, say, Erasmic or other inexpensive brands. Also, it's probably not available in very many countries...

crackstar likes this.
  3. smooth_n_slick

smooth_n_slick New Member

My Grandfather's Cream

....this was the last thing I thought I would see. My Grandfather would use this all the time, I remember this along with his gilette razors in my medicine cabinet.... If I remeber correctly there was a green variant, I think it was menthol or lime and a red variant which was the regular tube.......all I can say was wow.

crackstar likes this.
  4. herzi

herzi Active Member

This is a cream that I got as a present. It lathers very well and I like everything about it. The scent is flowery and reminds me pretty much on European Palmolive.
    I'm undecided if I would get this cream again, also I like it very much, but as it's easier to get European Palmolive here I would rather buy Palmolive.

crackstar likes this.
  5. Grick

Grick Active Member

Nai! Etsi bravo! I'm very taken with your command of the Greek language. Anyway, had a relative send me a kolynos. It's the sensitive variety. Can't wait to give it a swirl.

crackstar likes this.
  6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Efharisto, file! I lived in Thessaloniki for 6 years before to move to Canada. I'm not Greek, however. I'm Israeli. Kalo Pascha!

Grick likes this.