Krona

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Straight Arrow, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Anybody ever use a Schick Krona? I used one this morning for the first time and got a nice shave as good if not better than a Superspeed. Does anyone know if Schick made any other DEs?

Hembree likes this.
  2. Will

Will Nevermind

Hembree likes this.
  3. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

I have an Eversharp that I haven't tried yet. Looks pretty much the same as the regular Schick Injector.

4. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

I quite like the Schick Krona. It's a bit lightweight for my taste, but the flatter head and slightly longer handle make it a surprisingly good shaver. They do seem to be underrated, although lately I have noticed that they do seem to be attracting more bids on ebay.
    I think they would make a fine acquisition for any newbie who doesn't want to get financially raped looking for a Gillette DE on ebay.
    As for other Schick DE's go here and scroll down.
    Regards,
    Alex

5. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I have a couple of Kronas, and a later Schick DE. The later is almost all plastic, only the doors are metal. Both are good shavers, quite tame but gives a very decent shave.
    I also find them to be very underrated and almost forgotten. Escpecially the Krona is very good value for money. They cost much less than a vintage Gillette. I would recommend both my Shicks to anyone looking for a friendly, pretty cheap, good razor.

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I got a Schick Krona with a bunch of other razors one time, tried it, didn't think much of it and threw it in the drawer. Found it one day and decided to try it again. I experimented with different blades and discovered it's not a bad razor. Either the blade made a difference or my technique had improved. :) You are right, it's an under-rated razor.

brit likes this.
  7. qaswer

qaswer New Member

I am also voter of this DE and i think it is in the list of best DE on this planet .

8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I've been shaving with the Krona for over 50 years. Bought my first for $1.49 in the late sixties, and used that same razor until about three weeks ago when it finally gave up the ghost. It's a great razor. Recently have upgraded to the Karve, but am still using my backup Krona (cost me 10 times what I paid for the original on Ebay) very satisfactorily until my B plate arrives from Karve.

Enrico, Hembree and brit like this.
  9. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I love my krona, I thought I wouldn't like it, it's light and mostly plastic but it gives a great shave. I have a back up just in case. I have thick facial hair and worked through a bunch of aggressive razors and over time I have realized that the two that give me the best shaves are my prewar tech and krona.

jgreenepa, Enrico and brit like this.
  10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

I have two, a great razor, very popular.
    It shaves great, use it for 30 days, you'll be impressed. I used it for a week, feather blades. Nice razor, nice shave. Highly recommend from those who use them. A guy from my work, the only razor he'll use.

tp

Enrico likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011:

Chuck Naill likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Yep, it is an underappreciated shaver. Very nice shaver.

Chuck Naill likes this.
  13. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Oh yes. An unsung razor and great shave in line with the Super Speed. A nice razor (longer handle) for the ladies too.

Chuck Naill and brit like this.
  14. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

It was my first razor and belonged to my grandfather. When I discovered I could still obtain one on eBay, I had to try. I've been able to acquire both the black and grey handle Eversharp, both first generation short chrome TTO.

Enrico likes this.
  15. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

I have one and agree with all the above...a very good shaver.

Enrico likes this.
  16. jgreenepa

The Krona is a very under appreciated razor. It really gets the job done! I’ve shaved with mine for a very long time!

Enrico likes this.
  17. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I was gifted my first one and was not really excited to shave with it, but I do shave with any razor I get whether bought or gifted, when I used the krona I ended up shaving with it every day for a few months, I also noticed blades that I'm not a fan of and don't shave well in my other razors work great in the krona. I have bought a few now to gift to friends who want to try shaving with a safety razor, its a very gentle by efficient razor.

jgreenepa and Enrico like this.
  18. jgreenepa

rbilly:
    I've used a variety of blades with the Krona myself, and agree with you on your blade observation. Even Viking blades, which my son gifted me from his Chieftain razor shave well in it.