La Toja Classica Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Hanzo, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

DSCF1221 (640x477).jpg
    Great cream I tried first in July while on vacation overseas. La Toja soaps are finding great popularity on the forums but I don't read about the creams that often, there is a classic and sensitive version. This review is of the classic which has impressed me.

Ease of Lathering- Very easy to lather , whats produced is a slick, rich, creamy, dense, cushiony lather , makes me think one word, luxurious .

General Skincare- Excellent, seems to provide great skin protection and feels moisturizing. Compared to some of my other creams La Toja performance is notably different. Seems to promote a shave thats less prone to irritation and close .

Scent- A mild cologne scent, slightly woodsy , slightly spicy, a muted masculine outdoor scent .

Price- I bought my tubes overseas for $3. However here in the States shaving vendors are carrying the big 5.3 oz tube for $9-$12 which is a real bargain for what seems like a cream that can stand along side Proraso and Musgo Real as an inexpenive quality Old World product.

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I've never tried the cream but the stick is awesome.

3. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

I am supposing there is little difference between the shave stick and classic cream , there packaging is very similar.

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have both - I actually enjoy the stick more although I think the cream is pretty good also.

5. Gillu

Gillu Member

Hanzo, I reckon you should pick up some more of the sticks next time. In Spain they are a €1 each.

6. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Gillu
    I am a bigger fan of creams than sticks. I picked up 3 tubes of the cream for $2.50 a tube so I am okay for awhile. I enjoy this cream a lot . Even supermarket or toiletry store level products in Spain or Italy represent high quality imports to American wetshavers.

Richard Jackson likes this.
  7. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for Procter & Gamble we too would have decently priced, high quality product unfortunately we really only have VDH and Aqua Velva haha....

supe and Hanzo like this.
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Another thread resurrected.....

I really like the La Toja Stick. I found the La Toja Cream on sale for $6.99/150ml tube and decided to try it. It is one of the best creams I have used. It lathers easily and produces a nice thick lather that provides great glide as Honzo stated.

Bob

[​IMG]

vwp528 likes this.
  9. sincity

sincity Member

Bobcat, can you compare the cream with the stick? I enjoy the stick very much, and if the performance of the cream is equally good, I need to get me some.

10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

For me, it is a coin toss. Both work differently but also do a great job. Cream at home, stick on the road. I was very impressed with the cream. I think you will like it.

11. sincity

sincity Member

Thanks, then I will order a tube or two of the cream.

12. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

13. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more with all the above. I got a tube of it from my secret Santa this year and it's one of my favorite creams to use! I to also have a shave stick I have had for a while. Anyone that hasn't ever tried la toja, you should!

14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Yep, not a fluke! I had another great shave with the La Toja today...........

[​IMG]