La Toja Shave Soap in Wooden Bowl

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by TraderJoe, Nov 17, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Here's some shots of La Toja shave soap from Spain, in the wooden bowl :D

Seems to be the same, if not very similar formula to the stick, but in large puck format. No clays, but it does contain "mineral salts." I always get a close, smooth, clean shave with La Toja shave soap.

The wood, while natural-looking and very sharp.....does not appear treated. Should be interesting to see how it holds up :happy001

Enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That is a lot of soap! Interesting bowl too.. :eek:

3. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very cool Joe!! Looking forward to a review..

4. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    If that wood is cork, you should have no problems.

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Is this available stateside Joe? :drool

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Oh yes, this is a great shaving soap, I'm one of the lucky ones that have one :D And yes, it's the same as the stick.

It's only available on the website of the company and I think they only ship within spain.

7. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

La Tienda of Williamsburg, VA, I believe will order it. I ran across it while looking for La Toja shaving foam, a $8 canned foam that's considerably better than the usual drugstore foam. La Toja bar soap, both black and white, are available from US web stores including Amazon and on eBay. Since this is a glycerine soap it should melt into a bowl or mug easily and be useable as a shaving soap. There's a gentleman on the B&B forum, Emilius, who lives in Spain and offered at one time to ship La Toja shave sticks to forum members at cost. La Toja shut down its last factory in Spain last month and its soaps are now made in Poland, Germany and Slovenia.

Richard

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

If it's anything like the soap stick, it's great! ;)

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I've used a bar of the La Toja "Magna" Bath soap. Definitely not a glycerin soap......tallow based, and triple milled.

Great lather, great scent. But I wouldn't melt it down ;)

10. herzi

herzi Active Member

It's also my information that it is only available in Spain. And there you can only order it in the I-net and can't buy it in a drug store.

11. jramire2

jramire2 Member

How'd you get that sucker out of the bowl? I tried getting mine out a couple of times, but didn't want to risk damaging the bowl.

I didn't realize how big of a puck we got w/these bowls. It's going to take forever to use it all. Not that I'm complaining.:rofl

When I was little, my uncle had a wood lathe that he used to make all kinds of little wooden items. I bet I could make bowls really similar to this one w/a little practice. it's only semi-functional if you use a big brush, it's actully pretty good to use w/the small knot of my simpson major.

12. Teiste

Teiste New Member

That soap is simply amazing and the jar is gorgeous.Too sad that is not made in Spain anymore...hope that Leon could get it and sell it to USA members,since its kind of tricky to get one.

13. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Now that is a necropost! But I likey!

I, too, hope Leon can get this. Let's keep our fingers crossed! :D

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My goodness-where is it made now? :eek:

15. domino

domino New Member

Wow! I wish that I could get my hands on the La Toja tub.They make a excellent soap

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

It's not hard to get. If you live in Spain, that is because this particular item can only be bought at the La Toja webstore.

17. highball

highball Member

nice lid

18. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Poland, I think.

19. Henrique

Henrique New Member

:eek::eek::eek:

20. JimR

JimR Active Member

Nothing wrong with that...Poland produces some good stuff. Wars, Lider, And BRUTAL!!!!!