Ladies brush

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by stonyloam, Jun 3, 2012.

1. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

The spare ones? I'll probably toss them in a box in my shop where they will lay around till I need some kindling for the stove next winter. ;) What do you think I should do with them?:)

tomnat and GDCarrington like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Brother, you know the answer to that question! Let the Personal Messaging begin! [​IMG]

tomnat likes this.
  3. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

But they must fulfil their shaving destinies!:eek:

You could auction them off, or sell them, or put them all in a box and send them to Ireland ;)

tomnat likes this.
  4. stonyloam

Welll.... I guess I could try to find happy homes for the orphans ;). Still have some ideas to try.

5. stonyloam

Anytime I still get an Oooooooo from the ladies, I figure it deserves another try. So been away for a couple of days doing "chores", got back today and tried out the glued up block. One disaster after another, found an internal flaw in the wood when almost done, then found out that I cut the cherry too short, and the lathe tailstock left a hole in the handle that I had to fill, than screwed up the finish, but finally got it half way decent, so here it is. Guess I'll toss it in the "Eile" pile.:( BTW Walnut/Cherry/Black Badger
    [​IMG]

Azarius and tomnat like this.
  6. stonyloam

One more tonight. Spalted maple posed with a silvertip knot. Thought this was going to be a crappy piece of wood, was thinking about painting it, but it came out pretty OK.
    [​IMG]

tomnat likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

OMG, that one is a stunner!

8. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

*DROOOOOOOOL*
    This brush is beautiful. Even more so for its uniqueness/"flaws" in my opinion! I mean look at it - stunning!

It's funny because (I'm not sure if you know) 'eile' means 'other' on Irish [and is pronounced like Ella]. So you will throw it on the 'other' pile :) Kinda makes sense!

GDCarrington likes this.
  9. stonyloam

One in red. Had a little piece of cherry, so I thought would do something small and simple with ladylike lines, and try some paint. Still have to do the final overcoat and polish after it has dried a couple of days, but kind of like how it looks.
    [​IMG]

10. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

I love the look of that brush, just beautiful.

11. stonyloam

Almost there, I think I know which one, but am doing a couple more just for fun if nothing else. Thought I would show one "in progress" with my two favorite woods, cherry and tiger maple. [​IMG]

This is the"box" so far
    [​IMG]

GDCarrington likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Terry, those are all beautiful. You are very talented.

13. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

You are one talented man!

14. stonyloam

Thanks for the compliments, but it ain't that hard. Just have to like the smell of sawdust LOL. Anyway here is that block of wood that was on the lathe. I tried to make it more different from the previous round handled one, but the wood would not let me. It does that sometimes. Occasionally I can read the future of the brush in the wood grain. I tried it with these and it came out "be prepared for a long journey". Huh! Wonder what that could mean?
    [​IMG]

tomnat likes this.
  15. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

The middle one - oooooo swirrrrlly!

It's SO SWIRLY I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!

16. stonyloam

Wait till you see it in person.;)

17. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

*shakes her head*

We'd have to come up with some sort of deal. My shave den is big enough as is... and could do with a cull. Maybe I could do a PIF to a newbie to make room... hmmm... or something from Ireland for you? Or of course payment...
    That is if you are suggesting what I think you are suggesting...

18. stonyloam

The choice has been made, and here she is all polished and knotted with black badger, along with some Mike's to go along with it.
    [​IMG]

Now that leaves me with a box full of orphans, so my intention is to PIF them to the ladies that helped me out here:) . The three round handled ones will be headed to the Emerald Isle, the little black walnut to Shawna, spalted maple #2 to Sara-s, and the red one to April Dawn, You are on your own for the knots, but they are all set to take a 22 mm knot from The Golden Nib. All you need to do is PM an address. It may take a little while since these were all trials, and have to be polished a little before they get sent out.
    [​IMG]

oscar11 and Sara-s like this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I think your choice for your nephew's wife is great. And thank you for your generosity! PM sent.

20. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Beautiful handles. Very generous, Terry. :2thumbs:

stonyloam likes this.