Lady Gillette

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Swampfox, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Swampfox

Swampfox Active Member

I’m considering getting my wife a lady Gillette. Does anyone wife use these? Any thoughts?

lightcs1776 likes this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

My wife uses a Lady Gillette, after starting off with a Parker 29L. She really likes it, shaves in the shower using a synthetic brush and shave soap. If your wife is willing to try it out, she may find it quite satisfying to use.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Swampfox likes this.
  3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Mine does and she likes it.

lightcs1776 likes this.
  4. Swampfox

Swampfox Active Member

Wife said she would like to try one of mine to see if she likes using safety razor before we buy her one. She told me she would use the razor I got in today, and I told her she needs to try my black Beauty not my 1905 double ring.

Lancre likes this.
  5. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

My wife has a black beauty, which was replaced by the Lady Gillette. I forgot about that one. Your wife may not want to give it back to you. Also, the scent of the soap, if she uses a shave soap, can really enhance the experience if she enjoys it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Insist on it. I doubt very much if she would like the shave she gets from the double ring. On the other hand, early lady's razors were old types with short handles...

If nothing else, the black beauty is less likely to get dropped. An important consideration when you are talking about a rare razor.

If you can talk her into using your soaps/shave creams...

Use your biggest brush and bowl, lots of real estate to cover compared to the face. Go for a thinner, slicker lather than you would use for your face. If any of your soaps have a "drying effect" on your face, don't offer them to her. She won't appreciate dry feeling legs.

A black beauty set on 2 or 3 will be equivalent to a Lady Gillette.

Swampfox, lightcs1776 and brit like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My GF likes using her Lady Starburst Gillette. Another favorite of hers is the Lady Eversharp K1.

8. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    I bought my wife a lady gillette. She nicked her ankle and her knee, now it's a dust collector lol.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thankfully I don't have to worry about a wife or girlfriend stealing my Lady Gillette, as I don't have such an albatross around my neck.
    :rofl:

Here is my T4 (4th quarter 1973 - my birth year and birth quarter) Lady Gillette. I take it out for a spin every now and then but it is mostly a collector's piece with the rest of my birth year razors.

IMG_20210505_095259~2.jpg IMG_20210505_095403~2.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jorvaljr like this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have 3 - two blue and a pink.
    My wife used one for a while, then RA kicked in and it became a bit too heavy for here to wield comfortably.
    All three are in my rotation. Great shavers, and since my whiskers are deaf, dumb, and blind, they don't know the difference between a Lady Star Gillette and a Red Tip, or any other razor, for that matter.

11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Yes, that! :signs011:

Herm2502 likes this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Egggggzacally!! They are great shavers no natter what gender you claim....

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.