Lampe Berger........oil lamp and more

Discussion in 'Scents' started by shavingidiot savant, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Hi All,
    I'm gonna grab a few of these things for next month's gift giving, and I'm wondering how others may have found em to be. The concept is pretty interesting, in that it uses a catalytic type of combustion to clean the air as well as scent it. The other thing about em is that there's some really beautiful styles they're made in. Seriously pretty things, and quite a few are under $100.00.
    I won't recommend any particular vendor, since I haven't ordered yet, but take a look at a few of em. There's also a nice selection of scented oils available, and I'd be curious how those smell.
    I read the thread for Lampe Berger over at 'Basenotes' recently, and it sounded a bit fascinating to me. Just thought I'd toss this out there.
    Martin

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Links, please?

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I posted a number of months ago about how I bought one.

[vbpg]586[/vbpg]

I love the thing... attractive and works GREAT. They can be pricey though especially for the artsy ones.

4. Hi Ken,
    Thanks for posting the pic and the review. That style was one I was looking at as well. They seem reasonably priced for what you get, and I'm glad to know it's worked out well for you. Heh, you're right about the 'signature' series being expensive, but a lot of the lamps start at $40 or so.
    Martin

5. Hi JoAnna,
    As I said, I've never ordered from these sites, but here's a few I found with nice selections. Each place has some that the others don't, and if you go to ebay for example, you'll see a LOT more styles as well.
    Anyway, I looked at....among others:
    www.imperialgalleries.com
    www.maisonbouquet.com
    www.heroeslampeberger.com

Here's a few styles I like for gifts.

Hope that helps,
    Martin

Attached Files:

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I am currently looking for a second one but have been unable to find it locally. It is very Asian inspired and is around 100 dollars if I recall. I should really look for it again one of these days..

7. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

That link you gave, the Imperial Galleries one has some I have NEVER seen before but would really like to own.

The Pewter ones? GIMME!

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    How well do these things work? How long does the oil last before refilling?

9. See if this site helps, although I don't know if that will answer your questions. Take a look at the 2007 collection while you're there. I might add that the prices on some items seem a bit........I would look around before buying something is all I'm saying. You always wanna shop around for anything like this, since there's additional reputable dealers to peruse as well. I have no personal previous knowledge or dealings with any of the companies I've mentioned here. Hehe, there's my small disclaimer.
    http://www.lampeberger.com/content_howitworks.aspx

Oh, JoAnna? Same avatar..........heh.

10. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Interesting, I didn't expect to read that you extinguish it after 2 minutes.

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

So, do these provide a pretty strong scent / aroma? They sound pretty cool :D

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi Ken,

Do you have the link to your thread on these? I'd like to learn more.

Thanks!!

13. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I only posted about it in the Haul thread.

The oil does not last as long as I would have liked, typically for a refill of mine it lasts 5-6 burning on one fill. One fill is aprox 1/4 of the bottle, so I would conservatively estimate aprox 20-25 burnings per bottle.

The range of fragrances are great. Right now I have Green Apple in mine and it smells tart and fresh.

14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Yeah, 2 minutes of burn time followed by 45 minutes of 'infusion' before you replace the cap. You can REALLY tell in the room too.. it is potent without being overwhelming.

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

Excellent, thanks for the info Ken. We may have to try one of these :)

16. Hi there,
    If I may: Try over at www.basenotes.net and go to the 'home fragrance' section of the community forum. The thread was started Nov 12th. Sorry, but for some reason I can't provide an actual direct link to it.
    Martin

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

Excellent, thank you Martin, I was looking at the other links you provided as well...Thanks for sharing all the info :)

18. DMS

DMS New Member

I gave a couple of these to my wife and mother for gifts earlier this year - they were a big hit. These really do remove odors from the room as opposed to covering them up. We're still partial to the New Orleans scent that comes with them new.

19. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Yeah I used mine a couple of months ago to remove some really troublesome ordours.

20. Padron

Padron Active Member