land down Under

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by dees77, Jun 4, 2014.

1. dees77

dees77 Member

I have successfully shaved my legs and armpits with no error. I'm ready to dive into the lady bits. I'm currently using derby blades and can alternate razors. Any suggestions on how not to cut?

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Sorry, no advice here. My razor leaves my lady parts alone.

3. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I would suggest skin stretching. Pull and make the skin a bit tighter and be careful. Go slow and don't move sideways. If you have a little mirror you could use it as a guide as well. You can take Barbasol and clean the glass with to make it fog proof.

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I am having impure thoughts.

5. mickeyobe

mickeyobe Active Member

Take out the blades.

jeraldgordon and PatrickA51 like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I see nothing here about Australia so...

stanko, fat_boy, dees77 and 3 others like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Yeah. From the title I was thinking Australia. My wife would be able to help. Me. I'm out.

8. mickeyobe

mickeyobe Active Member

Come on up here to the northern hemisphere where you don't have to stand upside down to shave. That must be very difficult.

Mickey

fat_boy and dees77 like this.
  9. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

I would suggest not to shave there!

10. dees77

dees77 Member

Best response... Non comical:) my spouse will help me first go round. Not in shower but in the bed with all the tools and towels ect.... Thank you

jwr3265 likes this.
  11. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Of course. Gotta keep it professional for both sides. Good luck and go slow.

Queen of Blades and dees77 like this.
  12. maltedmilk

maltedmilk Well-Known Member

Article Team
    Um... there are some discussions over >here<. My wife conducted research, but I do not know which video(s) she found most helpful. If you find a best one or two, you could post them to this thread. You recommendations could help the next lady to ask. That kind of thing is what makes TSD's search box a real gold mine!

Good luck!

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Another thought..since this is a sensitive area, you might try a "practice shave" by lathering up & going through the process with no blade in the razor, just to get a sense of technique.

14. Sassybee

Sassybee Well-Known Member

I know your answer is correct because I have done it. I went very slow and did the right stretch the skin technique. I did it with the first injector or razor (real) I ever used. I have used it ever since and have not had but one slight Nick but my fault for speeding up. I love the razor and now looking for another. Just coming back after a long hiatus.

Lathermaster, BigMike and Sara-s like this.
  15. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

As someone who tidies up a bit in that area, slow is definitely needed. Not to many passes and a light touch. I usually don't have any problems with irritation or otherwise. Nicks do happen on occasion. Skin stretching is also a bonus to make a more flat surface for the blade to glide.

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Nice to see you again @Sassybee