Latest Refurb W.H. Morley

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Stroker, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Some before and after shots of the W.H. Morley refurb. Still have some polishing to do but this is what it looks like after the 1500 sanding. I haven't had time to get the buffer setup (there are a few more razors coming along as well so I'll do the final polishing when they are all to this stage.)
    I had to stop because my fingers are too sore. :D

Before:

W.H. Morley SR SM.jpg W.H. Morley SR 2 SM.jpg W.H. Morley SR 3 SM.jpg

After:

Shave Photo 518SM.jpg Shave Photo 519SM.jpg

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Awesome job Bruce!

Stroker likes this.
  3. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Great job, nice scales:)

Stroker likes this.
  4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

:happy088:

Stroker likes this.
  5. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

Stunning, Love those scales!!!

Stroker likes this.
  6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Very Nice.

Did you make the scales as well?

Stroker likes this.
  7. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Thanks Dale. I didn't make those scales they were salvaged from a Pakie junker and I have been using them on a number of razors that needed scales. (switching them around as needed) I had them on the DA that got the Hart Steel Scales. (todays SOTD Post) The scales on the Morley were garbage (just really butt ugly and badly stained) so I used the junker scales for it.
    Actually, I really like the look of these scales with all the composite plastic swirls going on and I really wanted to keep them on something so I think they have found a home on the Morley.
    I got the other three straights from e-bay today so spent the day polishing them up and running them all through the hones along with the Morley and the DA. (I figured I might as well run the DA over the C12 while I had it out.) I'll have to do a composite test shave with the four new razors and the DA but, I have to get up at 3AM (O dark hundred) and drive to Portland attend a 9AM to Noon meeting and then drive back! I might not get a chance to shave tomorrow at all. (I don't trust myself with a sharp razor on my neck at 3 in the morning! lol After 11 hours of driving from one end of the state to the other I probably should skip the test shave entirely! :D

PanChango likes this.
  8. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Nice work and I must say, I really like those scales.

Stroker likes this.
  9. CJames

CJames Well-Known Member

:signs011: Great work on the steel too!

Stroker likes this.