Lather on the road

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Sevenbark, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

What are some on the road lather technics. Some times this would be camping?

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Whitweed!

Don't forget to sign up for the February Newbie Give-Away! (link in my sig)

3. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

there are some brushless creams that might fit the bill, Creamo cream and nancyboy, come to mind. both are billed as brushless, but also work well with a brush.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I travel with a soap / brush / aftershave. I haven't gone camping since I started wet shaving, but I imagine I would probably take the time off and shave upon my return.

5. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Moved to Shave School.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I use a tube of cream usually.. that my boar brush and a plastic screw top container..... can make lather in the container and then screw the top down to keep it clean in the packor where ever after clean up. It can be hard to let the brush dry out.. but not that bad.

Fuzzy

7. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Thinking on a shave soap stick for camping, but then again, maybe I'll just be my furry self :D

8. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

shavesoap stick

MsBlackwolf it's funny how things go was looking at the vendor post, cool, and seen the D. R. Harris & Co Shaving Sticks and came over to post about it and you had mad the point, thanks. Can only imagine the proper way to use them. So far I think maybe an easy to lather tube of cream and work it up on the face. Was planning on Philmont with my son but that is fading for me due to things slowing down. I added a link If you would like to know what is Phimont.

http://www.philmontscoutranch.org/

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

You rub the shave stick all over your face and than you just take your brush to it and lather. I dont see there being any difference while camping than at home. Just face lather.

10. JimR

JimR Active Member

Yeah, what JayKay said. Or, for a tube of cream, squeeze some out on your brush, and lather on your face/legs/whatever. Forget the bowls, no muss, no fuss!

11. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Some folks are going to cringe when I say this but...

Whenever I have gone camping over the years I toss a puck of plain crappy old Williams in a ziploc. Then you take it outta the bag when you want to shave and work it in your hands with some water until you have a schwack of soapy/foamy goo and rub it on your face. You drop the soap in the dirt? No problem! Just rinse it off, let it dry on the picnic table a bit and stuff it back in the ziploc.

I brought a brush out only once - pain the butt for me while camping. Ya gotta take care of it, and clean it, and dry it, and....... Hell, you just need a one pass WTG anyway if you are camping.

Unless you are there for nefarious reasons with your sweetie....then of course you have all sorts of junk along for comfort, probably near a washroom with running hot water and such - then bring a brush and a small container of your favorite cream (a mug and soap is once again a pain in the butt in such circumstances)

WILLIAMS SOAP AND A ZIPLOC - FINAL ANSWER

12. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

When I go camping I go Grizzly Adams and let er grow, less stuff to carry during the many miles of hiking.

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

there is nothing wrong with williams soap sir :D I like the stuff and even though I have more expensive stuff i use it pretty regular... Will be using it in the morning as a matter of fact. Along with a 1908 Superior Lather catcher and the Velva.:rolleyes:

Fuzzy

14. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

plain crappy old Williams

Yeah - I don't know why I disparage it so - I use it pretty regular myself. On another post there was a question about what products you have actually finished and I had to calculate out about 30 years of Williams pucks at 2-3 per year. That was what I always used - and when I go camping I choose it because it is so easy to use and reliable. For sure my default soap.

I should be kinder to Williams. I guess it is kinda like taking for granted those we love - not the right thing to do and it should stop!!!!!

Thanx for that Fuzzy - I will adjust my attitude from a 1 to a 9 on Williams!!

15. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i took your title literally. and thought you might be wasteful.

:happy102

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Don't mention it just another service I provide.. the bill is in the mail.:D

Fuzzy

17. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I enjoy going midevaiel while camping. It just feels right.

18. alesmv

alesmv Member

W.W.W. Shaving Contest (World Wild Wet Shaving Contest)

All those who shave have a photo to shave outdoors (terrace, garden, camping, mountains, sea ...) that still remains open

Is the : W.W.W. Shaving Contest (World Wild Wet Shaving Contest)

Use Google for search (http://tinyurl.com/45p6sr)

If you have problems using Google Translate language

http://translate.google.es/translate?prev=_t&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Frefineriadecaballeros.wordpress.com%2F2008%2F12%2F10%2Fconcurso-de-fotos-de-afeitado-al-aire-libre-www-shaving-contest%2F&sl=es&tl=en&history_state0=es|en|(no%2520entiendo%2520porque%2520no%2520se%2520pueden%2520poner%2520links%2520en%2520este%2520foro)%250A%250ASi%2520tienen%2520problemas%2520de%2520idioma%2520usen%2520Google%2520Translate%2520

[​IMG]