Lather & Wood

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Kenneth Sampson, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

Anyone use Lather & Wood aftershave balm? I'm thinking I want to go to a balm instead of splash for the moisturizing characteristics. Right now I'm using Old Spice but have been looking at others as well.

Thanks

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I've never used Lather & Wood but I haven't heard a lot of good things about the wet shaving products that pop up most frequently on Amazon. Their aftershave balm looks extremely overpriced and even the "luxury" stuff like Trumper's Skin Food isn't that expensive.

The Nivea aftershave balm seems to be tried and true. It gets more praise on the forums than any other balm from what I've seen. It's inexpensive and it sounds like it does a great job at combating razor burn. I haven't used the Nivea balm but I have used the Proraso white balm and I find it to be both an excellent moisturizer and extremely useful at helping to soothe razor burn and irritation. I've also tried the Herban Cowboy aftershave balm and all I can say about it is stay away.

EnglishChannel and Carbide Mike like this.
  3. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I think that Stirling soap balms and the proraso white balm are the best balms for the price

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I use the Nivea sensitive balm. It's cheap ,readily available and does a great job for me. Has a light chamomile scent and calms down any irritation.

6. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

I have used it and am a repeat purchaser. The balm is great. It is unmatched IMO in its ability to leave your face feeling soothed and smooth. It leaves absolutely no oily residue. It has more of a woody scent than some of the other sandolwood products. I understand the company intends to offer a larger more value priced product in the future. Regardless, I highly recommend this product, and it goes a long way for the size of the bottle.

Carbide Mike and Kenneth Sampson like this.
  7. markchippy

markchippy Active Member

Edwin jagger pomegranate and lime balm is excellent and all natural products. Smells great and doesnt leave tye skin feeling oily at all. If thats any help.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  8. markchippy

markchippy Active Member

And small amount goes along way.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. markchippy

markchippy Active Member

My.mrs loves the smell of it.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I have their shaving soap and it's overpriced, can't imagine the balm is any different. You want a great balm go with PAA, MLS or Stirling.

Carbide Mike likes this.