lather

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobby Mac, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

Ok, I have beenlooking at custom scuttles on line and am very tempted to get one, then I look at pewter mugs and end up torn between the 2!? By the way Im not looking at scuttles that keep your puck warm, but the actual lather.

So, which would you prefer and why?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Scuttle. Just not crazy about pewter.
    By the way, where are you viewing pewter mugs?

3. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

The kid at the AOS showed me how the pewter mugs work @ the store but suggested I look online, as their mug is $85 and I can find the same thing for about $40 - so this is one in particular I thought about grabbing?

these are the 2 scuttles I was debating - anyone any experience with either? here (1st one is called the 1.5) & here (this is the G20) I have read alot of reviews about both scuttles and they seem to be the best from all I gathered!?

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nope, still not digging the pewter. But that's me.

I have a Georgetown Pottery G5 and really like it. Keeps lather and brush warm for my entire shave (and you know how I like to take my ME time ;)). The really cool thing was that I was able to pick it up in their studio in Maine while on my way up to see my parents.

I've heard nothing but good about Dirty Bird.

5. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

I am leaning toward a scuttle, as I am using a mug now (not pewter) and am not impressed with the warmth of the lather on even my 2nd pass - I am sure the scuttles will fix that!?

Ok that s a +1 for Georgetown anyone else have any experience with the Dirty Bird 1.5 or the Georgetown G20? Ive narrowed it to the 2 of them - I like the DB because it looks "custom" made. on the other hand the G20 is a gorgeous piece and the color choices are beautiful! oh choices!!!

When Im rich, Ill buy them all and 1 for everyone on the forum, whoot! (just don't hols your breath please, lol)

6. Bobby Mac

Bobby Mac Member

CORRECTION the Georgetown I was looking at is not available for a few more weeks and is called the G12 they are also unsure of what colors they will be offering- here

7. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member