Lea shaving soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by GeneralKinetics, Sep 4, 2015.

1. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

2. Nathan1611

Nathan1611 Well-Known Member

I have this. Not a big fan of the scent although its not horrible. Very clean scent but kind of boring for me personally.
    In a world where we have amazing artisan soap makers that keep our expectations high the performance is not the greatest either but it will definitely get you by. I can get a decent lather with it and I use it from time to time.

3. GeneralKinetics

Maybe what I'll do is use it up, and save the bowl, haha. I wanted it mostly for the wooden bowl :).

4. Nathan1611

Nathan1611 Well-Known Member

Hahaha the bowl is nice. You could press some cella or something just as soft into it.

5. GeneralKinetics

For sure, haha. We'll see how it is. I'll legitimately try it. I've never tried a lanolin soap.

6. nav

nav Well-Known Member

If it counts for anything, this soap has become my #1, ahead of MWF (no other soap has ever overtaken MWF!).

It's the perfect combination of everything but the ability for me to get the closest shaves with zero irritation and a post-shave that no other soap can match is truly what makes it my #1.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Lea used to be good, then it was badly reformulated, and after about four or five years, they changed it back to the original formula, last year I think.

8. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I have read (!) that this newly formulated Lea is amazing - if you can get it to lather. They (people online) describe it as finicky as MWF.

9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Kinda like Heath Bars. They aren't "new and improved ", they just quit lousing it up.

10. GeneralKinetics

Yeah. I've let it hydrate using Plan of Man's method. It's grown so much that the lid barely fits now, haha. Still hard to lather. I think I need to start off really dry and just get it pasty. I don't know. I haven't gotten that nice, thick white cloud of lather yet, but it shaves great. Every shave with it has been fantastic with pretty good post-shave.

11. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I have no issues lathering this soap as I use much drier methods. It's a great shave soap.

GeneralKinetics likes this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Hard to lather? Uh oh, I think I'd better not buy this soap. I have the cream version which I think is excellent.

13. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I had serious issues with MWF (couldn't get anything but poor bad airy lather), so when I read people comparing LEA's latherability with MWF I instantly cleared it from my WANTED-list. I have no desire in another soap that makes me hotheaded, trying to get it to work.

crackstar likes this.
  14. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

This soap doesn't interest me at all. I do however have the Lea Menthol cream (sent to me by the one and only crackstar) and really like that stuff.

crackstar likes this.